Important Survey - Please Participate ×

PLEASE DON'T DRINK ALCOHOL WHEN YOU FEEL RECOVERED

[Wh...]

[65...]
My understanding is that if you're an alcoholic, you will always be one and can never hope to drink "normally" again.  That is just my knowledge from my father who was an extreme alcoholic and joined AA and never had another drink.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Wh...]

• [Bo...]

• [Sk...]

• [su...]

Top Posters In This Topic

i was a binge drinker in the past, whenever ihad some money the first thought was " i wonder how much beer i can buy with this money"

I just moved into a new home where the previous occupants left me with 7 gorgeous looking bottles of eclectic wines from around the world. I am very tempted to try them but seeing as how my previous attempts at trying alcohol have led to a re-emergence of sxs, they sit on my counter, proudly displayed. I have been feeling 100% healed now for probably 1.5 months and am just afraid to rock the boat.

They taunt me.  :)

laser

hi laser.  wine has a very long shelf life  have you thought of saving the bottles ? you can enjoy them with no worries in mid 2016

• 2 weeks later...
i drank again 2 days ago i havent felt so great since in comparison i feel like the same way now as on the 2nd or 3rd month after quitting xanax i waited almost a month since the last time i drank before i was ok then since i ate alot a few hours before drinking . the waves hit me starting 7 or 8 hours after i stoped drinking . i didnt feel this way in awhile i quit xanax 11 months ago . one good thing came from the beer i had i slept like 8-9 hours that night

i drank again 2 days ago i havent felt so great since in comparison i feel like the same way now as on the 2nd or 3rd month after quitting xanax i waited almost a month since the last time i drank before i was ok then since i ate alot a few hours before drinking . the waves hit me starting 7 or 8 hours after i stoped drinking . i didnt feel this way in awhile i quit xanax 11 months ago . one good thing came from the beer i had i slept like 8-9 hours that night

BabyAngel-I'm sorry that you are in a wave after drinking beer. Please read my post about only having a couple of sips as opposed to drinking a full glass. Your brain is telling you it's not ready for alcohol.

• 8 months later...
Does anyone have problems with kombucha maki g symptoms worse im extremity sensitized from kindling im basically severe ct symptoms even though im on 7.25mg ativan been reinstated for s year trying to stzbilize but i just getting worse and sicker

Sorry mybe i clicked on the wrong thread. I searched kambucha and this thread had several people talking about kambucha which has very small amounts of alcohol in it.... so sorry ill post elsewhere

I just moved into a new home where the previous occupants left me with 7 gorgeous looking bottles of eclectic wines from around the world. I am very tempted to try them but seeing as how my previous attempts at trying alcohol have led to a re-emergence of sxs, they sit on my counter, proudly displayed. I have been feeling 100% healed now for probably 1.5 months and am just afraid to rock the boat.

They taunt me.  :)

laser

It is so not worth it, but I sooo feel your pain. I've read from many that, after a couple of years off, drinking is fine. I mean, if it weren't after 3, 4, 5 years, then one could argue that's how long the damage lasts and I just can't believe that if, during the healing process, we follow everything we're supposed to. Some day!! 🙏🏼💪🏼

Does anyone have problems with kombucha maki g symptoms worse im extremity sensitized from kindling im basically severe ct symptoms even though im on 7.25mg ativan been reinstated for s year trying to stzbilize but i just getting worse and sicker

I was making my own Kombucha but stopped after finding out about Alcohol levels in it......

''On Thursday, Kirsten Chilstrom of VICE wrote a fascinating article about the alcoholic properties of kombucha, that miracle tea drink that some claim (hi, Lindsay Lohan) contains a myriad of health benefits — including perhaps, a cure to alcoholism. But as Chilstrom points out, kombucha is not so much a "cure" as it is a replacement: Some varieties of the fermented black tea actually contain more than 0.5 percent alcohol, the legal line in the sand imposed by the Food and Drug Administration separating the booze from the non-booze.

In 2010, Whole Foods and other previous carriers of kombucha pulled the product from their shelves following revelations that certain strains of the product exceed the 0.5 percent limit nearly six times over, with some kinds of kombucha containing up to three percent alcohol. For reference, a bottle of Beck's Lite contains just 3.8 percent alcohol, and Miller Genuine Draft 64 contains even less at 2.8 percent alcohol.

Given that kombucha had always been marketed as a non-alcoholic drink, buyers and sellers everywhere were a bit taken aback when they discovered that they could've gotten a better buzz off their tea than their beer.

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

.05 percent in a 12 oz bottle is nothing to worry about if its once in a while i was just curious because of all the probiotics and stuf i was active more worried about the caffeine content and how much b vitamin in it i am sensitive too eeeeeverything and i tried some kambucha today and it didnt do anything negative it did make my skin burn a little more than usual but not significantly noticablebut i only drank half

Because ya i still worry about the alcohol as i am recovering alcoholic but what state do you live in cuz here milller is 5 percent thats standard if it doesnt say otherwise on can anything above 5 has to show on label

.05 percent in a 12 oz bottle is nothing to worry about if its once in a while i was just curious because of all the probiotics and stuf i was active more worried about the caffeine content and how much b vitamin in it i am sensitive too eeeeeverything and i tried some kambucha today and it didnt do anything negative it did make my skin burn a little more than usual but not significantly noticablebut i only drank half

Because ya i still worry about the alcohol as i am recovering alcoholic but what state do you live in cuz here milller is 5 percent thats standard if it doesnt say otherwise on can anything above 5 has to show on label

I'm in UK Chris  ;)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I had a very small amount of alcohol on Sunday for Mother's Day and it had totally set me back. I've been doing relatively good for five months and the last two nights I've barely slept. Totally not worth it at all to me.

Ah that sucks Siggy I'm sorry to hear that. I really wonder if and how long it really takes to get the ability to handle alcohol back. Hang in there man, sorry this happened to you.

[f8...]
Not that anybody needs to drink alcohol again after healing, but my body kind of had to re-learn the drinking experience.  I felt just a bit weird following the first few times that I drank (a single beer), but each subsequent time I tried alcohol it felt more like it used to feel.

Everyone is different. I can have a few drinks with no setbacks. Been doing it since my 2nd month or so off. It's unfair to say no one can ever have an alcoholic beverage again.

[65...]

Everyone is different. I can have a few drinks with no setbacks. Been doing it since my 2nd month or so off. It's unfair to say no one can ever have an alcoholic beverage again.

Agreed....I have had zero problems drinking in moderation.

Ah that sucks Siggy I'm sorry to hear that. I really wonder if and how long it really takes to get the ability to handle alcohol back. Hang in there man, sorry this happened to you.

Thanks! I skipped a year up until recently. Guess it'll take more time.

For those who did have anxiety return after drinking... how long did it take to get back to normal again?

I am 9 months out from a 9  month taper. Had relatively no sfx since jumping and enjoyed the occasional drink a few months after I jumped with no problem.

But I started drinking too much after a big move to a new city and now the anxiety has returned. I think my problem is that I replaced moderate drinking - eg. two standard drinks to occasional heavier drinking. Now I am kicking myself as I haven't felt this anxiety for ages... I am feeling pretty silly.. if only I knew!! Now I feel as though am right back to square one but unlike the taper I don't know when it will stop.

I am just wondering how long will it continue now that I have gone back to zero drinking.... I felt healed before I started drinking too much. How much longer until I feel healed again?

Anybody else had this happen to them and when did it go back to normal again?