Anyone suffering with monophobia

[Pe...]

Hi everyone,

Are any of you suffering with monophobia? Anxiety, panic and all the little silly thoughts that I know are the meds effecting Tula are bad but one of the most intrusive is the monophobia that appeared almost as soon as the cuts were started. Intrusive may seem a bit extreme but when her drs or nurses turn up and they say what have you been doing she tells them she does what I want her to do, I seem to appear to be a dictator, but she is not comfortable to be without me around and looks to me to decide what to do.

If I go to my car to put things in it for a trip she will stand by the door to see that I am coming back in, if any of you have suffered with this how long can it take to pass? She was at one point suffering very bad with agoraphobia which is now starting to wain, but because of this other symptom she does not want to go anywhere unless I am with her or in view at least!

I had this for several weeks after my cold turkey. I had my sister come over every night. I've lived alone with my son for years and never had a problem before this about being alone. It's weird, but it did go away for me.

[d7...]

It was horrid for me as well. I have NEVER been afraid to be by myself in my life. When my sister came to stay with me while still ON valium many times a day I kept asking her when she was going to go home. I wanted her to say never but that of course was unrealistic. The day she made plans to go home I literally begged her to stay. I knew she couldnt but I kept seeing myself holding onto her legs like a child does with their mother so they cant leave.

The good news is this did resolve but for me not until I was off the valium.

I have had this a fair bit in my taper on and off, about 6 months into my taper i would be scared to take a bath without someone being in the house at least and i would leave the door open.

When i hit a wall in February, i had panic attacks and thought i was losing the plot, for a good week after that i was petrified to be left alone even for 10 minutes, when i would be alone my tinnitus would ramp up and to this day, i still feel better with someone here even though i am alone in my room mostly... just having someone in the house is better for me but when i am stable and feeling OK i am fine with being alone, it all depends on how cuts are affecting me and how i am feeling but yes, i have had this quite badly and i am looking forward to getting to a point in my taper where these fearful feelings do subside, maybe it won´t happen until i am off.

I almost slept in my ex partners room a few weeks ago... but i know i only have to call out if i need some comfort.

I find myself asking when my ex will be back even if i know i will only be on my own for a few hours... i also try and plan cutting for when all the shopping has been done and there will be a period when i know i will not have to be alone, my ultimate fear is having a panic attack on my own, that is my most terrifying thought and is partly why i go as slow as i do with my taper.

It will be so nice when all of this is over.

Oscar