Important Survey - Please Participate ×

One month today and whoa....

[Ca...]

So today is the official one month mark. Yesterday started with a serious panic attack that lasted most of the morning. Today I woke up in a sweat with severe anxiety and am shaking like crazy. I have also started to vomit again with serious nausea. I am soooo upset that this happening and I feel like I am back at week one with my symptoms. I can't believe I feel so bad after a month out. I am also having lots of lower back and leg pain too. I am so tired and just want my life back. My hubby has off today and I need to run errands with him and yet this anxiety is so overwhelming. :(

I have never had panic attacks or any other mental health issues so this is so out of the blue and new to me. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.

It does get better.  I am 3 1/2  months out of a cold turkey of ativan.  I do still have a few issues but not near as bad as the first month or two.  Hope it gets better for you soon.

This just feels so unfair, Candlelady.  After nine weeks of use, you have to go through all this and that stinks.  Time is the only healer here, I'm afraid.  As long as this is the only health issue you have, it's withdrawal.  I'm sorry...

Challis  :therethere:

Thanks for the support. This stuff is scaring me today. I am dizzy and jittery and it hasn't let up yet. I am so sad today and feel I was never warned this could happen and I suffer for that. It is a boo hoo for me kinda day.

I'm giving you my virtual shoulder to cry on.  I had a boo hoo day Wednesday, a jittery day yesterday and so far today's good with a tiny bit of lightheadedness.  This is so unpredictable, isn't it?

Challis

I think it is the unpredictable nature of this that makes me crazy. I slept for five hours with no meds or supplements and it was such a shock to wake up in a complete panic and sooooo jittery. I really struggled to get out of bed today and was glad hubby could get the kids off to school..It really upsets me. I am out in the sun reading a book hoping some vitamin D helps.

Oh no Candlelady. I too remember those days. I had random panic attacks until about week 6 or so.  hang in there. Hugs, K

So today is the official one month mark. Yesterday started with a serious panic attack that lasted most of the morning. Today I woke up in a sweat with severe anxiety and am shaking like crazy. I have also started to vomit again with serious nausea. I am soooo upset that this happening and I feel like I am back at week one with my symptoms. I can't believe I feel so bad after a month out. I am also having lots of lower back and leg pain too. I am so tired and just want my life back. My hubby has off today and I need to run errands with him and yet this anxiety is so overwhelming. :(

I have never had panic attacks or any other mental health issues so this is so out of the blue and new to me. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.

Go out and purchase licorice root. Make sure its the 1:1 extract and alcohol free. Take it in the morning and afternoon. 2 to 5 ml per serving.

This will help support your adrenals big time and stabilize your cortisol levels. Its the BEST thing to support adrenals. You can also buy the tea, the chinese herb is much better because its more calming. I believe this will help you a lot.

I hope this only lasts another week or two. I wish there was a deadline or timeline to all of this to know when it would be over or at least calm down. I am much better today and not jittery nor did I wake up with a panic attack. It is amazing how different things can be in 24 hrs. Yesterday was absolutely miserable and had me scared. Today I feel like my normal self with no issues.

I might try the Licorice root. I did try Midnite Sleep last night and it did nothing to help my sleep. It is just made me feel out of it for a little bit but I didn't get much sleep at all last night. Might try again tonight to see if it helps.

Yep, beautiful spring weather.  Enjoying it as the summer heat will soon be here.

Thanks, Candlelady.

Challis

Good, except that I've eaten licorice and ice cream already and it's only 1 p.m. here.  Feeling sugar yucky and I've only myself to blame.  ::)

Thanks for the support. This stuff is scaring me today. I am dizzy and jittery and it hasn't let up yet. I am so sad today and feel I was never warned this could happen and I suffer for that. It is a boo hoo for me kinda day.

Hi CandleLady.  I think I posted on one of your other threads before.  Anyway, sorry you're experiencing strong symptoms at a month out, which is actually not surprising.  Valium can take 3-4 weeks to fully process out.  I did c/t valium back in 2008 and after 3 weeks came the vertigo and strong withdrawal.  I decided to reinstate but it sounds like you are not going to do that.  I don't know how long the vertigo would have lasted, but for me it went away within a few days of my reinstatement. Hopefully your dizzies will go away within a few weeks.

As far as panics, I believe that is also a common result from rebound anxiety.  You no longer have a pill to numb your worries.  What can happen is those worries now come at you at twice the speed and intensity as before.  I also never had a panic attack before benzos or during taper but at 3 and 6 months after taper, I had two mini panics.  Also had elevated blood pressure.  Many of these things are quite common, but best to stay in touch with your doctor if you have concerns.

Best,

Vertigo