Reinstate or Anti-psychotic.

Salam,

I'm now at 30 months off and almost healed.  I saw this post and had to respond because I have been there.  I will tell you that this all goes away.

I started having auditory hallucinations at 6 months off.  I could hear what I thought as people whispering, a radio playing on low, church bells (this one was pretty loud), and ,Lord dont ask me why,  Elton John singing "Im still Standing".  lol

Psychosis set in about the same time.  I confided in a close friend that I could control the weather.  lol  I told her that when I cried, it would make it rain, when I sweat it makes it hot outside, when I was shivering it would snow.  We joke about this today.

I also had severe paranoid psychosis.  I believed my house was haunted.  Even went as far as to have my property "saged".  Another group of people pulled up my carpet and wrote scripture all over the floorboard of my home.

This is phase lasted for about 6 months for me.  I questioned my sanity, I questioned that I might be like this for the rest of my life, then I realized something that helped me through it.

I discovered that I still had my "rational mind" underneath it all.  The thought accured to me that there was a part of me that realized that I was having psychosis, hallucinations, and paranoia!  I knew something was wrong, just as you realize it.  I knew it was because of the wd.  I knew that I didnt have it before. 

Sure my brain was chemically imbalanced, but there was a reason.  Would I consider a person who took LSD and had hallucinations actually a psychotic or crazy?  No,  I would say it was chemically induced and as soon as the med was out of there system and brain balanced itself again, they would return to their normal self.

This is what is happening in benzo wd, but in reverse.  Our brains were thrown out of balance by removing a drug.  Same principal, but in reverse.  The end is the same.  The brain returns to it's normal balance and these symptoms go away. 

I know how hard and uncomfortable these sx's are for you, but I dont think more drugs is the answer.  The brain has to be forced into reaching homeostasis.  Throwing in more chemicals can complicate things.  I also have read that anti-psychotics CAN cause permanent brain alterations.    I would only resort to another psychotropic drug if you wanted to ACT ON the hallucinations or suicidal idealizations.  We all get these crazy ideas in our head, but the urge to act on it is different. 

Here is a list of things I would do/say/think in order to cope with these mental sx's.

1.  I know this is wd.  I have seen others report having thoughts and hallucinations like i am.

2.  I know I wasnt like this before

3.  I know that I still have my rational mind because I realize that I am experiencing these things.

4.  I'm kinda proud and thankful that I am strong enough to still hang on to my rational mind.

5.  These are only thoughts or sx's.  Thoughts have no power.  I dont have to act on these thoughts.

6.  This a a heck of a trip.  One for the books.  I will eventually come out of this just like people come down from drugs.

7.  The fact is that the brain is remarkable.  It can regenerate.  It can readjust itself.  This is a proven scientific fact.  It is actually smarter than i am and it knows how and what to do to heal and readjust.  I just have to be patient.

8.  Ok...im in this pickle.....lol....im just going to make the best of it.  I will laugh at my thoughts...let them entertain me...I wont give them much power and wont take them seriously...because I know what has caused this, im not the only one who has this sx's, and others who have had it tell me it goes away.

Salam,.  I Hope this helps.  Talk back to that benzo brain.  Yell at it outloud if you have to.  Your rational self is still in there.  And I swear to you that it will go away!

[46...]

Salam,

I'm now at 30 months off and almost healed.  I saw this post and had to respond because I have been there.  I will tell you that this all goes away.

I started having auditory hallucinations at 6 months off.  I could hear what I thought as people whispering, a radio playing on low, church bells (this one was pretty loud), and ,Lord dont ask me why,  Elton John singing "Im still Standing".  lol

Psychosis set in about the same time.  I confided in a close friend that I could control the weather.  lol  I told her that when I cried, it would make it rain, when I sweat it makes it hot outside, when I was shivering it would snow.  We joke about this today.

I also had severe paranoid psychosis.  I believed my house was haunted.  Even went as far as to have my property "saged".  Another group of people pulled up my carpet and wrote scripture all over the floorboard of my home.

This is phase lasted for about 6 months for me.  I questioned my sanity, I questioned that I might be like this for the rest of my life, then I realized something that helped me through it.

I discovered that I still had my "rational mind" underneath it all.  The thought accured to me that there was a part of me that realized that I was having psychosis, hallucinations, and paranoia!  I knew something was wrong, just as you realize it.  I knew it was because of the wd.  I knew that I didnt have it before. 

Sure my brain was chemically imbalanced, but there was a reason.  Would I consider a person who took LSD and had hallucinations actually a psychotic or crazy?  No,  I would say it was chemically induced and as soon as the med was out of there system and brain balanced itself again, they would return to their normal self.

This is what is happening in benzo wd, but in reverse.  Our brains were thrown out of balance by removing a drug.  Same principal, but in reverse.  The end is the same.  The brain returns to it's normal balance and these symptoms go away. 

I know how hard and uncomfortable these sx's are for you, but I dont think more drugs is the answer.  The brain has to be forced into reaching homeostasis.  Throwing in more chemicals can complicate things.  I also have read that anti-psychotics CAN cause permanent brain alterations.    I would only resort to another psychotropic drug if you wanted to ACT ON the hallucinations or suicidal idealizations.  We all get these crazy ideas in our head, but the urge to act on it is different. 

Here is a list of things I would do/say/think in order to cope with these mental sx's.

1.  I know this is wd.  I have seen others report having thoughts and hallucinations like i am.

2.  I know I wasnt like this before

3.  I know that I still have my rational mind because I realize that I am experiencing these things.

4.  I'm kinda proud and thankful that I am strong enough to still hang on to my rational mind.

5.  These are only thoughts or sx's.  Thoughts have no power.  I dont have to act on these thoughts.

6.  This a a heck of a trip.  One for the books.  I will eventually come out of this just like people come down from drugs.

7.  The fact is that the brain is remarkable.  It can regenerate.  It can readjust itself.  This is a proven scientific fact.  It is actually smarter than i am and it knows how and what to do to heal and readjust.  I just have to be patient.

8.  Ok...im in this pickle.....lol....im just going to make the best of it.  I will laugh at my thoughts...let them entertain me...I wont give them much power and wont take them seriously...because I know what has caused this, im not the only one who has this sx's, and others who have had it tell me it goes away.

Salam,.  I Hope this helps.  Talk back to that benzo brain.  Yell at it outloud if you have to.  Your rational self is still in there.  And I swear to you that it will go away!

Very well said!!

Believe, Thanks you so much for sharing your story & words of encouragement! lol Pretty funny controlling the weather  ;) I have come a long way..I polydrugged throughout this.. docs gave me a hanful of a/p samples. Do you know If that affects/delays my recovery?