Constant goosebumps that will not go away...

[bl...]

I'm not cold. But I have had goosebumps for a month now. They're everywhere. They're on my stomach, on my cheeks even, to say nothing of my arms.

I haven't really much read about this but it seems to be one of the most aggravating symptoms that I have. People keep asking if I'm cold!

Why do I have goosebumps all over my body? Does anyone else get annoyed by this one?

hi BlueOrchid, I have the goosebumps, too altho they dont hurt. I did c/t 3 mg xanax and I am suprised I never got burning skin, just one bout with it on my shoulder, so, I know what it feels like. I have had periods of intense itching/scratching. I have been taking Magnesium for 3 mos I think it helps, not sure but it doesnt hurt.

Good luck to you.

I get flushes of goosebumps throughout the day, its just nerves healing.  Sometimes the achy skin is another w/d symptom too.  But not to worry its all a good sign:)  I know I am healing when these things happen. :)

I'm not cold. But I have had goosebumps for a month now. They're everywhere. They're on my stomach, on my cheeks even, to say nothing of my arms.

I haven't really much read about this but it seems to be one of the most aggravating symptoms that I have. People keep asking if I'm cold!

Why do I have goosebumps all over my body? Does anyone else get annoyed by this one?

I thought this might be interesting since "goosebumps" are controlled by a sympathetic nerve response.

The quote below taken from; http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/Autonomic_nervous_system

"<b>Auditory system input to cardiovascular system and cutaneous thermoregulators</b>"

"Many types of auditory input can activate sympathetic output to the heart and blood vessels. A sudden unexpected sound may cause an increase in heart rate and vasoconstriction in the skin (we go pale with fright). Alternatively, music with special emotional resonance may “send shivers down our spines” and give us “goosebumps”. Goosebumps are generated by sympathetic activation of special smooth muscles associated with each hair follicle, an evolutionary remnant from a time when we presumably possessed a much more luxuriant pelage.

Indeed, if we really do need to raise our body temperature, either because the environment is cold (detected by cutaneous thermoreceptors) or because we have a fever, generated from the thermoregulatory areas of the hypothalamus, we will shiver (a somatic motor response) and reduce blood flow to the skin (a sympathetic response)."

That makes a lot of sense, On the Mend! Thank you for posting that. Many of my symptoms feel related to shivering spine feelings and a general rev'd up feeling. It's one of my bigger complaints, along with muscle tightness and occasionally scattered thinking as I'm tapering down.