Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Please help with Diazepam Solution amount

[rh...]

My doctor is not at all benzo wise, but he is willing to work with me. He just doesn't get it. I saw him on Wednesday to talk about liquid Diazepam Solution titrating and dry cutting since I am very sensitive to medications doing small daily increments.

I have no idea and neither has my doctor as to what volume of bottle or container to get, or what it even comes in????  I printed out the spread sheet which is 7 pages long since it will be a long and slow taper and showed it to my doctor. He told me to talk to the pharmacist and find out what ratio they have and fax it back to him and he will look it over. The pharmacist said he can order the 1mg/1ml Solution and I could pick it up today. I called the pharmacy to see if they got it in and they said the doctor told them 10cc's is what I need! ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

Could someone please help me with this??? Is it really this difficult to get? 10cc's is 2 teaspoons for crying out loud :tickedoff:

Please help me somebody.  Thank you very much,

RG

Well, 1cc is equal to 1ml. I'm not sure I understand the problem. If they give you 1mg / ml liquid, then you're fine.

It's not about how much the doctor has prescribed or the size of the container or anything like that. All that matters is the CONCENTRATION of the liquid. 1mg (1cc) per ml

Well, 1cc is equal to 1ml. I'm not sure I understand the problem. If they give you 1mg / ml liquid, then you're fine.

It's not about how much the doctor has prescribed or the size of the container or anything like that. All that matters is the CONCENTRATION of the liquid. 1mg (1cc) per ml

Hi princezz,

The pharmacist gave me a very small amount....5mg/5ml liquid..about an ounce at the most. It's very confusing. This will get me through the next week at the most. I know Roxanne Pharmaceuticals supplies liquid Diazepam. Trust me, this very small containter is NOT much at all. A couple teaspoons at the most.

Thank you,

RG

it's 10cc's that's all it says. Please bear with me. I am having a very difficult time. I need some help.

thank you,

rg

Do you already have the bottle? If you do, can you copy out every that it says on the label? Except your name and personal info, of course.

Hi princezz,

I don't have the bottle yet. Yesterday when I spoke with the pharmacist he said it's not very much  at all. He understands what I am doing and that the doctor doesn't, so he said I need to go back to the doctor and tell him again what I am doing. I might pick up the minute amount today and then I will copy it out for you so you can see.

Thank you so much,

RG

Sigh. Okay.

Well tell your doctor, you want a month's supply of 1mg/ml diazepam liquid and you are taking 23.5mg daily. The pharmacist will figure out the rest. Your doctor won't specify the size of the bottle, etc. Just 23.5mg daily of 1mg/ml liquid. That's all he needs to write the prescription for.

-P-

Wait, RG, I just remembered you are the person with the pills. That means you will only be taking 1ml per day of the liquid maximum, in addition to the pills. Remember? If it's a 10 ml bottle, that's enough for roughly ten days. You will still need refills though.

Wait, RG, I just remembered you are the person with the pills. That means you will only be taking 1ml per day of the liquid maximum, in addition to the pills. Remember? If it's a 10 ml bottle, that's enough for roughly ten days. You will still need refills though.

Hi princezz,

I spoke with the pharmacist a little while ago and he said he has what I need to get me through the taper. He said I would need approximately 120ml. to see me through. Since my doctor will no longer be practicing after December, I need to get on board with the other doctor in the building. It's confusing right now. The pharmacist understands totally that I'm on pills and liquid dropping .07 per day, but doc doesn't get it. I have to take the spread sheet into him and show him exactly what I am doing and how much liquid solution I need to see me through.

When I saw my doc on Wednesday I asked him if this new doctor will support what I'm doing and he said there should be no problem because I'm reducing and I have made a pretty significant drop since I started my c/o.

I will get this worked out one way or another ;). I very much appreciate your help with this. Thank you so much.

RG

Wait, RG, I just remembered you are the person with the pills. That means you will only be taking 1ml per day of the liquid maximum, in addition to the pills. Remember? If it's a 10 ml bottle, that's enough for roughly ten days. You will still need refills.

I will need a lot of refills because the pharmacist said at least 120ml. to see me to the end. I started titrating 5 days ago, so today I am at 23.22, tomorrow will be 23.15, a drop of .07mg. per day.

I get this figured out ;)

Thank you so much,

RG :smitten: