Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Ok i wanna get some information on Titration....

[Iw...]

I tried it once, when i first came on here and started by putting 7.5mg in to 100 ml and taking out 1ml everyday, i was by 14.5 so i was titrating my morning dosage....I dont really know the % either, so i dont know how much i was cutting in 7 days but after my 5th day i felt terrbile!! so i went back to dry cutting. When i first started i cut 1 ml the first day ddint drink the full 100ml and then went 98 and so forth. Im at 5mg now n im not sure but i would like to hear some information on how to titrate and how much i would be reducing on a daily basis. If anyone can help thanks! :)

Iwill,

Sounds like you already know how to titrate.  If not, just watch the video I made.  It's in my signature.

The best way IMO to titrate is to follow your symptoms.  Start with 100ml and remove 1% or 1ml.  After you cut up to 5% or so, just hold on your taper.  Wait for the cuts to "catch up to you" and see how you feel after waiting enough time to feel the cuts.  You need to learn how to go really slow and learn how to monitor your symptoms and give your mind and body time to heal from the cuts or at least to adjust to them.  I think removing small amounts and not putting a deadline on the remainder of your taper is the best way to go no matter the benzo you are on.  If there is no deadline, that automatically removes some of your stress, right?  I hope so, anyway. 

Getting off benzos can be the hardest thing you ever do.  Some never succeed.  Some do.  It's a fact.  I believe that this is more serious in the long term than most people realize until later on down the road when they are off benzos and realize the battle has just begun.  I believe rushing across the "finish line" only moves the finish line out much much farther.  Reflect on how far you have come.  Think of how much is at stake, then keep it slow and learn to follow your symptoms.  Take care.

Kian