Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

15 days benzo free... 2 Questions...

[cn...]

So I'm 15 days benzo free!! Yay!!!

Things have been TERRIFIC! All windows! Hasn't shut for about a month or more!

Is that unusual?

Also, is it possible I could go on without a single relapse of S/X??

Or am I bound to have some 2 months down the road or so?

I'm down to like .75mg of Remeron... lol. I don't even know if that's doing anything to me. It's so small. I think the lowest dose it comes in is 15mg. So I'm basically just sprinkling dust under my tongue at night.

Remeron has been awesome for me in this withdrawal. Just my experience.

My next question is, if 2 months down the road, I get hit hard with s/x or really bad anxiety... can I start taking the Remeron again for just a short period of time to get through that bump in the road? And then ween off of it after a couple of weeks or so?

Thanks so much guys!

Happy healing to you all!!!

Hello cnotr, congratulations on becoming benzo free!  

Yes it is possible that you may go on without a relapse of symptoms. For some people things only get better and better once they are off of their benzo. Just don't be let down if symptoms do happen to reappear, for they will surely go away again if given time.

My next question is, if 2 months down the road, I get hit hard with s/x or really bad anxiety... can I start taking the Remeron again for just a short period of time to get through that bump in the road? And then ween off of it after a couple of weeks or so?

The primary focus of this forum is to help people who choose to get off of their benzos.  You and your doctor will have to decide what medications are right for you in the future.  Just learn from this experience and try to avoid anything that antagonizes the GABA receptors for awhile. There may even come a time when you may need a benzo again in the future for a dental procedure or operation, but a 1 off dose should not be a problem once you are out far enough. Right now your goal should be about bringing normalcy back into your life and leaving this experience behind you, becoming only wiser for the wear.

Crono

Thanks Crono! Remeron I think really chilled me out during this w/d. Yes I hear it's kind of a dirty A/D b/c it just works on so many receptors, but NOT GABA. So that's good. And it worked for me through this experience. I don't think I could have made it w/out it. It helped me sleep greatly, and I think way better sleep helped me heal a lot quicker. Everyone to their own I know. Just my experience. =)

Thanks again Crono for your awesome reply!

Hi cnotr,

Congrats on your 15 days and the beginning of a lifetime without benzos!!!!

You managed your taper with awesome style.  I miss your tremendous sense of humor on the board.

Applause, Applause for cnotr!!!!  :) Hugs, Laurie :yippee: :yippee: