Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Seroquel or Remeron?

[Ti...]

Inkerbelle,

Thank you for responding.  It really has helped with sleep for me.  It also took away some other w/d sxs, not all of them but some, so that has been nice.  :)

Glad you are sleeping somewhat better as well.  :)

Do you worry about coming off of it?

What were your needs for taking benzos.  Mine were anxiety and insomnia heh.  :/

Tink

I was put on Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia that was misdiagnosed. I came off that about 1+ months ago.

I was put on Klonopin for anxiety following a suicide attempt, but I knew it also helped with migraine so I didn't oppose it at the time. I fluctuated doses between 1.5 and 0.5 mg per day depending on mood, but have stabilized at 1 mg for the most part.

Later, I was put on Baclofen for muscle spasms related to migraine headaches.

I went through a period of insomnia related to an AD I was on that lasted about two months. I was first given Ambien, then Restoril (15 mg), then Restoril (30 mg). None of those worked, so we tried the Seroquel, which really helped. Although I had been on the Restoril for just two months, I was unable to come off of it b/c of tolerance.

There is a small part of me that worries about the Seroquel (will I need to increase the dose; will I have to come off of it eventually), but right now, I'm just focused on getting off the worst things. If it turns out I need the Seroquel, then I'm willing to live with that compromise. My doctor and I take the stance that the goal is to eliminate the things that are not helping and possibly harmful, and live with the lowest possible doses of what helps you function and live your life.

Hugs,

Marie