Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Does cog fog improve as taper progresses?

[7a...]

[7a...]

I'm dealing with some cognitive fogginess and poor memory, even after only 8 months of benzo use, and I'm wondering if people's sense of that side effect improves as the taper progresses.  My doctor just got my taper going again:  I cut yesterday from .75 to .625 clonazepam.  I didn't really notice any problems when I was at .5 mg, but when I went up to 1 mg, I began to notice some issues with short-term memory.  As I get closer to .5 mg, might the fogginess improve?

Will

[f9...]

In my case, yes but is replaced by d/r and other symptoms.

I am not trying to be all gloomy, but I s'ppose that is part of the process.

Billy.

Hi there!

For me, the "cog fog" was quite prevalent right up until the end of my taper, however, now that I've been off for 3 months it has drastically improved!

It will get better!

Schatje

I'm still tapering with a bit of a journey still ahead of me, however having started @40 and now down to just under 14 mg, I'm finding that I have more clarity.  What I don't know is whether that's because the dose is lower or I am tapering slower, but I do know the faster I taper, the more I'm impacted by cog fog so I'm siding with taper speed/cut size.  IMHO :)

yes,  immensely.  I started to notice the change around .2mg of K.  Once i reached .125mg, it was pretty much a thing of the past.  Granted i stil have the occasional foggy morning.  but it is very mild and doesnt last more than an hour or two.

[7a...]

yes,  immensely.  I started to notice the change around .2mg of K.  Once i reached .125mg, it was pretty much a thing of the past.  Granted i stil have the occasional foggy morning.  but it is very mild and doesnt last more than an hour or two.

That's really great to hear.  I think that'll be the case with me.  I was already feeling less foggy on the .625, when I accidentally took my former dose of .75 out of habit last night (shame on me!), and I felt foggy again today.  I'm going back to .625 and am hoping to regain the beginnings of clarity.

[7a...]

I'm happy to report that there is definitely a difference in cog fog and memory between .625 and .75 for me!  I'm hoping that with the next cut, whenever my doc approves, I'll get even more clarity!  Yay for tapering!

Will