Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Ladies: Menstruation and W/D

[So...]

Hi Ladies,

Sorry for the TMI but does anyone else notice an increase in symptoms during their period? Ive been dealing with harder than usual withdrawls during my monthly.

Hi SophieLove,

Yes, an increase in symptoms is very common for women during menstruation or ovulation.  Many women find they have 2 weeks of horrible side effects and then 2 weeks of much more tolerable side effects.

All the best...take care,

Schatje

YES!!!! If you search for similar threads you will find tons of them! Some women also have trouble during ovulation. During the height of my benzo use, my period was excruciating. Every symptom was exaggerated. The anxiety was insane and every inch of my body hurt. Now, as I am about to jump, that time of the month is not a cake walk, but it's bearable. This month, the anxiety wasn't even bad at all - just some muscle/joint pain. I hope it gets better for you too!

Shew

Thank you!

I was worried because I just started my 2nd attempt to taper from K after a failed rapid taper. I know I have to take it slow now, so I only cut about .0625mg and boy did it hurt. Then I realized that I was PMSing as well and today I started flowing and my brain felt like it was being sucked out of my skull. I know..... weird. I get a lot of weird head stuff that scares me.

Im just hoping that the rest off my taper will be easier. I guess Im hoping that my period had a lot to do with how hard my first cut was. I was so afraid to cut again from my last experience. Im a bit gun shy.  :-[

Thanks again,

Sophie

Your progestrone drops during your period and progestrone effects GABA so that is whats going on.

Once your GABA heals, you should be back to normal with your cycle.