Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Feeling BAD like I have the flu. Need some encouragement please!

[so...]

For the past 4 days I've been experiencing flu like symptoms, crushing headache, mild fever, no energy, ringing ears, stuffy head and increased allergies.  I'm right at 50 days cold turkey off Xanax and I've read several post of people saying they too felt like they had the flu during detox.  These symptoms are increasing with each passing day.  Anyone else with a similar experience? 

I have had flu like symptoms during wd but it was easy to distinguish them as wd symptoms.

On the other hand I was really sick for a few weeks awhile back. Bad cold, flu....something. It was the worst cold I ever had and I am 100% positive that my CNS being raw exacerbated the situation.

Matter of fact, a couple of days ago I started to get a headache. Got home and became EXTREMELY tired several hours before my normal bedtime. At first I thought it was a wave coming on but then I started sneezing and getting nauseous, and sure enough, here I am SICK again. I don't feel nearly as bad as I did last time but once again, all the symptoms are intensified due to wd.

For the past 4 days I've been experiencing flu like symptoms, crushing headache, mild fever, no energy, ringing ears, stuffy head and increased allergies.  I'm right at 50 days cold turkey off Xanax and I've read several post of people saying they too felt like they had the flu during detox.  These symptoms are increasing with each passing day.  Anyone else with a similar experience? 

I just posted in another thread on this actually.  I have been feeling ill for a couple of weeks with constant headache, stuffy head and nose.  I may have had a mild fever but only took my temperature today and haven't got one.  I am feeling dreadful.  I am hoping this is just a virus but I can't really tell as I don't know how people with flu-like symptoms during detox actually felt.  I haven't felt "fluey" before and I don't have sneezing or any other symptoms.

Just have to wait it out I guess.

Let's see if others chip in.

I hope you feel better soon.

Angel

I think this may be a virus though.  I have taken a couple of ibuprofen and I feel a bit better.  If it is a virus, it should go in time anyway.  As I said above we have to wait this out.

Angel