Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Jewel - New Here

[Je...]

I just stopped Xanax 2 weeks ago after being rx'ed it for 5 years (4mg+ a day).  Just looking for support and info. re: withdrawal and coping skills.

Thank you,

Jewel~

Hi Jewel, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

How are you feeling, that was a pretty big dose to stop taking, especially after being on it for 5 years!  We're glad you're here, please ask questions, we'll be happy to help.

Pam

Hi Jewel, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

How are you feeling, that was a pretty big dose to stop taking, especially after being on it for 5 years!  We're glad you're here, please ask questions, we'll be happy to help.

Pam

Thanks, Pam!  Yes, it was a big dose to stop suddenly.  I still don't feel right, even after 2 weeks.  I have never felt this way in my life and never want to again....  I just wonder how long it will take to start feeling better.....

Jewel~

Hello Jewel, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Did you fast taper or cold turkey off of 4+ mgs of Xanax?  That is quite a large amount to go cold turkey from.  If that is the case you may still have a chance to reinstate and do it slowly, but the choice is up to you.

This healing process may take awhile, with the average time frame being 6 to 18 months.  There are a lot of good topics for anxiety/withdrawal coping skills as well as useful tips for insomnia located in our boards.  What kind of symptoms are you currently experiencing?

I know things seem may seem a bit scary (fear of the unknown), but we will all do our best to support you through this struggle.

Crono

Hello Jewel, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Did you taper or cold turkey off of 4+ mgs of Xanax?  

What kind of symptoms are you currently experiencing?

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Crono

Thanks, Crono.  No, I didn't taper off, though I should have.  Currently, I am having laspes in memory, trouble sleeping, shakiness, and loss of appetite and weight loss.

Jewel~