Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

withdrawal time table

[cu...]

Hi all - Has anybody ever had the 2nd month of a cold turkey withdrawal become worse than the first month?

In other words you thought you were getting better after about a month and then the withdrawal caught you by surprise and your symptoms began to get worse?

Thanks 

I would say I was worse in month 1 after c\t...better in month 2....totally destroyed in month 3 now.  Daily symptoms.  Different stuff.  Right now at this moment I have both feet just twitching. 

Hi there,

It seems as though whether people c/t or taper, the healing that is done post benzos is often (but not always) very rocky.  Even after my taper, things were worse at 2 months.  Some people feel good for 2 months and then in the 3rd month get slammed.  And others just see gradual improvement each week/month.  I don't know why it is like this, but just know it is very "normal" as far as healing from benzos is concerned.

All the best and take care,

Schatje

After my 3 day detox, my sx's didn't peak until I hit the 2 month mark...then they stayed the same until month 3 at which time I started to see some improvements creeping in.  CT is rough, I know first hand...but you are in the worst part and improvements are definitely in the near future, so hang on!

Hi all - Has anybody ever had the 2nd month of a cold turkey withdrawal become worse than the first month?

In other words you thought you were getting better after about a month and then the withdrawal caught you by surprise and your symptoms began to get worse?

Thanks 

Hoping you feel better soon and your recovery will be a quick one

luv

mishi