Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Does advil revv up any s/x??

[Iw...]

Ive been having alot of headaches lately, ive took advil earlier in my taper but i seems more sensitive to meds now than before, since i took some depression pill that revved my anxiety and irritbality last time i took that, and took it earlier in my taper and was ok....anyways would advil flare up any s/x?

I take Advil twice a day for other painful conditions I have.  I have not noticed any change in my w/d symptoms and it actually helps with the muscle, joint and headache pain. 

Iwill...

Hello I had to use 2 motrins wich is the same as advil 2x a day many a times due to muscles pain.

I did see my sxs rev a bit but nothing terrible,I had to weigh out the less of 2 evils.The muscle pain was way to feirce to handle . I also had the worset of headaches in this w/d it did help me..

:)~Jenny

HI there!

I DO have problems with Advil - it always revs up my s/x.  I had to switch to Tylenol and I try first to lay down with ice on my head or place my wrists under freezing cold water till I can't stand it anymore - it actually helps sometimes!  I also drink a big load of water.  If none of that helps I go to the Tylenol.

All the best,

Schatje

HI there!

I DO have problems with Advil - it always revs up my s/x.  I had to switch to Tylenol and I try first to lay down with ice on my head or place my wrists under freezing cold water till I can't stand it anymore - it actually helps sometimes!  I also drink a big load of water.  If none of that helps I go to the Tylenol.

All the best,

Schatje

Exactly the same, here  :thumbsup:

Clem

I had to chime in on this one...Ibuprofen revs up my sx's too.  Takes about 3 days to come down from that ride after I take it.  Weird how we all react so differently to this.

http://www.bcnc.org.uk/drugs.html

"NSAID's when used alone only have a weak GABA antagonist effect on GABA and most recovering "benzodiazepine people" can tolerate them although occasionally people notice an usually small increase in withdrawal symptoms."

My suggestion would be to try tylenol (acetominophen) as it's a pain reliever as opposed to advil (Ibuprophen/NSAID) an anti-inflammatory.

Advil never gives me any issues as long as I don't take it on an empty stomach.

Advil is a much cleaner version of ibuprofen.  :thumbsup:

yes, a cleaner version of ibuprofen. i agree

but weaker in my opinion

Strange, I take ibuprofen often (large doses, too) and it never seems to exacerbate my symptoms. Sometimes it's real hard to tell though. The thing is, whenever I take it, I just want the pain to stop, so maybe the satisfaction I get from the lack of pain compensates for any change in my other symptoms. I don't know. I'm rambling.