Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I need help with this, scaring me.

[3e...]

[3e...]

I have this strange symptom everything looks big outside. It's 3-d looking. The fence looks big, trees look like they touch the sky, and I feel 3 inches off the floor. Like I shrink. Also I have lost concept of time somewhat. It feels like when I sleep.. I am sleeping on my pillow. I have had unusual dreams with this of spirals, things spinning off, they seem real. I have a few jerks with this.

I feel like I am lost in a world sometimes and so small like a kid again.

The floor feels harder, the doors look slanted.

Anyone else have this?

I hope it isn't psychosis. I feel okay, just everything looks 3-d and big.

Billy.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [mi...]

• [...]

• [Wh...]

• [ba...]

Sounds like intense derealization to me. I had derealization for a short period of time, where objects looked fuzzy and distant. Like everyone else was part of the normal world, and I was in a separate dimension. It's a bad symptom because you lose touch with yourself. As I guess you realize, the withdrawal produces many varied and strange symptoms. No two people will have the same exact symptoms. With other drugs, such as opiates, the withdrawal is highly predictable in almost everyone--people have the same symptoms and for a more or less predictable amount of time. With benzodiazepines, 2 people can have different symptoms, with vastly different lengths of withdrawal, which are not necessarily correlated with the length of use of the drug.

[3e...]

Trig,

So you had this?

What tranquilizer did you come off of?

I have never experienced anything like this.

Well, not this bad.

Yes Billy I have all this going on.

Nothing seems real everything is on a lean or out of shape.

Its like a 3d drug induced state.

I have it all the time very very tiring.

[3e...]

Yes Billy I have all this going on.

Nothing seems real everything is on a lean or out of shape.

Its like a 3d drug induced state.

I have it all the time very very tiring.

Do things look bright and bigger?

Do you feel like you shrunk kind of, like in a walt disney cartoon?

It's acid trippy.

Sigma ... it is totally derealization and not a psychosis.  I had it bad during the later part of my taper too after I crossed over to the V when I got to a low dose of K.  It passed after a few months and by the time I was done my taper the intensity of it was gone.  Everything was so unreal looking that I thought I could drive off the road or into a brick wall and nothing would happen.  All I had to do was follow what I had learned about the rules of the road and every other rule I had ever learned and I was safe.  Jeepers ... I didn't even know this symptom had a name.  I never found a forum until I was 2 months off the drug.  My experience was not exactly the same as yours as all our minds work differently but nevertheless I do have to identify what you are going thru as DR.  I had never had anything like that happen either in all my life.  So bizarre.  I promise you that this will pass.  :mybuddy:

[3e...]

Sigma ... it is totally derealization and not a psychosis.  I had it bad during the later part of my taper too after I crossed over to the V when I got to a low dose of K.  It passed after a few months and by the time I was done my taper the intensity of it was gone.  Everything was so unreal looking that I thought I could drive off the road or into a brick wall and nothing would happen.  All I had to do was follow what I had learned about the rules of the road and every other rule I had ever learned and I was safe.  Jeepers ... I didn't even know this symptom had a name.  I never found a forum until I was 2 months off the drug.  My experience was not exactly the same as yours as all our minds work differently but nevertheless I do have to identify what you are going thru as DR.  I had never had anything like that happen either in all my life.  So bizarre.  I promise you that this will pass.  :mybuddy:

Everything was so unreal looking that I thought I could drive off the road or into a brick wall and nothing would happen. 

Whoopsie,

Yes exactly! It is like everything is dimensional and unreal (Surreal) looking.

I can relate to the white snow theme too ;) because the sky is very blue.. it's almost a white colour.

I know it will pass, but this has been going on I would say August.

It started out, my time perception was off, and then it got to where that passed.

Now this has started.. what a process.  :D

I didn't know you c/o from K to V.

What mg did you c/o at?

Thanks Whoopsie.

:mybuddy:

I hope you're still feeling better.. you deserve it!

[5e...]

Sig....

I am PLAGUED w/ DP/DR SO BAD. All of this sounds familiar to me. I HATE this symptom w/ every bone in my body. I pray and pray ALL the time for this one to GO AWAY. Everything looks strange. I have no concept of time or self. No connection to myself or to the outside world. I was looking at the grass and the trees this morning and both looked SO strange- it almost startled me to try to look at them. Ugh...this is the strangest feeling to exist with and it makes living life SO incredibly difficult. It makes you question EVERYTHING, including yourself and your mind. I have it all day 24/7- it never, ever lets up for me. It's MENTAL anguish and I despise it.

Hang in there, Sig. I am just floating through life right now, passing time, WAITING for the nightmare to end. We'll get there.

((HUGS)) and healing, lamberfn

Hi all. Yes Sigma123, I have this dp dr too. It goes away, it DOES!!! I had it when I wasn't benzo wise and I thought I was mentally ill. I didn't know what it was and I didn't know how to describe it to my doctor. I was really scared. Now, I know what it is and it DOES go away as fast as it came. You just don't know when it will come or go. That makes it difficult to do anything or go any where. I just sit home, and wait until the symptoms go away so that I can join the human race again.  :/  I am prepared to sit here for 18 months if I have to. I have accepted this as I now know that I don't have a permanent illness. Keep in touch.

Bear

Hi Sigma,

I had this too.  It is what I would call major Derealization too.  I also had it the worst at the end of my taper.  Everything was very bright almost fluroescent and vivid.  Nothing really looked real to me and I guess it would be like a acid trip .  Although I never did that.  It's absolutely crazy.

You feel very alientated and alone and completely disconnected to everything.  I tried driving while I was like that and it was very difficult.

I call it my Alice in Wonderland days.  Seriously, I thought the Mad hatter was going to jump out at any second.  There's not much you can do about it, but try to stay grounded as much as you can by keeping your mind occupied.  I watched alot of sitcoms. Also, I kept a rubber band on my wrist and would pinch myself with it.  Also I would pinch myself and touch different objects in order to somehow ground myself.  It helped a bit.  Don't worry, this will pass. In my case it went away and developed into a mild form of DR and that has slowly faded away and is pretty much gone now.  Hang in there,  You are almost there.  It will get better.  Hugs. Ginia

I've had it everyday since day one. It's by far the most hard to deal with and horrible feeling symptom I've had. Instead of 3D, everything looks like flat painted cardboard to me. But I do feel like I've shrunk down and the world is huge. I have had moments where it feels like the d/r is trying to lift, but it never does...or at least it hasn't yet. I'd kill for just a one minute break from it.

[5e...]

ME TOO...I HATE IT. I don't know who I am, can't relate to the outside world AT ALL. It's just SO thick and SO bad. HOW LONG is someone supposed to just sit and stare at the wall before they simply say, I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE? I have no feelings, no emotions, I feel completely and utterly brain dead and damaged. I don't ever form normal, rational thoughts. I just an in so much mental anguish, I can't tolerate it.

If I KNEW that this would lift anytime in the near future, even the next few months, I think I could stick it out, but the not knowing part is the part that kills me the most. i just want my freaking brain back!! Is that SO much to ask?!!

Sigh...I guess I'm off to go sit and stare like the zombie invalid that I am.

[15...]

Hey Sigma,

It sure sounds like d/p or d/r to me. If it were true psychosis I do not think you'd have the ability to string together words to make a coherent sentence.

I had d/p and d/r really bad starting at about Day 16, when I got slammed because the Valium was leaving my system. It lasted for about 30 days and then at about six weeks out it began to fade and things came back into focus. Prior to that, it was as if I had Vaseline on my glasses. Everything seemed so far away, out of focus, and I was just not in the "here and now."

Over the past two weeks it's gotten better, although I wish I could say that I had some improvement in my anxiety level. That is the symptom that is really kicking my butt! I used to look out the front window of my house and the world seemed so far away. Now, it's in focus and if it weren't for this non-stop anxiety, I think I might actually be doing OK.

Hang in there. It will pass!

Tucson

Me as I observe the two-month mark of my final c/t:  :'(

[3e...]

Sig....

I am PLAGUED w/ DP/DR SO BAD. All of this sounds familiar to me. I HATE this symptom w/ every bone in my body. I pray and pray ALL the time for this one to GO AWAY. Everything looks strange. I have no concept of time or self. No connection to myself or to the outside world. I was looking at the grass and the trees this morning and both looked SO strange- it almost startled me to try to look at them. Ugh...this is the strangest feeling to exist with and it makes living life SO incredibly difficult. It makes you question EVERYTHING, including yourself and your mind. I have it all day 24/7- it never, ever lets up for me. It's MENTAL anguish and I despise it.

Hang in there, Sig. I am just floating through life right now, passing time, WAITING for the nightmare to end. We'll get there.

Nicole,

I know you are having a rough time with the dr/dp. I am as well, I think that's what it is. It is a draining symptom. I trust that it goes away. It has too eventually. It's like being in a bubble I know. Things don't seem right. It's like one side of the mind is working and the other side is down. I don't know how to explain it, but hopefully it goes away soon or lessens up. This is a journey I never want to go through again.

(((Billy)))

[3e...]

Hi all. Yes Sigma123, I have this dp dr too. It goes away, it DOES!!! I had it when I wasn't benzo wise and I thought I was mentally ill. I didn't know what it was and I didn't know how to describe it to my doctor. I was really scared. Now, I know what it is and it DOES go away as fast as it came. You just don't know when it will come or go. That makes it difficult to do anything or go any where. I just sit home, and wait until the symptoms go away so that I can join the human race again.  :/  I am prepared to sit here for 18 months if I have to. I have accepted this as I now know that I don't have a permanent illness. Keep in touch.

Bear

Bear,

Thanks again.

I just need reassurance this goes away.

I know you responded to another post of mine.

Hang in there,

Billy.

[3e...]

Hi Sigma,

I had this too.  It is what I would call major Derealization too.  I also had it the worst at the end of my taper.  Everything was very bright almost fluroescent and vivid.  Nothing really looked real to me and I guess it would be like a acid trip .  Although I never did that.  It's absolutely crazy.

You feel very alientated and alone and completely disconnected to everything.  I tried driving while I was like that and it was very difficult.

I call it my Alice in Wonderland days.  Seriously, I thought the Mad hatter was going to jump out at any second.  There's not much you can do about it, but try to stay grounded as much as you can by keeping your mind occupied.  I watched alot of sitcoms. Also, I kept a rubber band on my wrist and would pinch myself with it.  Also I would pinch myself and touch different objects in order to somehow ground myself.  It helped a bit.  Don't worry, this will pass. In my case it went away and developed into a mild form of DR and that has slowly faded away and is pretty much gone now.   Hang in there,  You are almost there.  It will get better.  Hugs. Ginia

Ginia,

That's what I do, is try to stay grounded.. you're correct. It is like a wonderland scene or matrix. I watch Netflix and do whatever I can to avoid it OR try to avoid it.

Yes, going outside or driving is a task.. everything looks surreal and big or too small.

Thanks again for the reassurance.

Billy.

[3e...]

I've had it everyday since day one. It's by far the most hard to deal with and horrible feeling symptom I've had. Instead of 3D, everything looks like flat painted cardboard to me. But I do feel like I've shrunk down and the world is huge. I have had moments where it feels like the d/r is trying to lift, but it never does...or at least it hasn't yet. I'd kill for just a one minute break from it.

Yes I have had the flat effect too. I guess it morphs into different forms.

I think it is a defense mechanism from further and worse anxiety.

I hope you turn a corner soon.

Thanks,

Billy

Sigma,

Maybe consider holding off on the driving if at all possible until you return from the land of Oz?  :)

Sending good vibes your way

WWWI

[3e...]

Hey Sigma,

It sure sounds like d/p or d/r to me. If it were true psychosis I do not think you'd have the ability to string together words to make a coherent sentence.

I had d/p and d/r really bad starting at about Day 16, when I got slammed because the Valium was leaving my system. It lasted for about 30 days and then at about six weeks out it began to fade and things came back into focus. Prior to that, it was as if I had Vaseline on my glasses. Everything seemed so far away, out of focus, and I was just not in the "here and now."

Over the past two weeks it's gotten better, although I wish I could say that I had some improvement in my anxiety level. That is the symptom that is really kicking my butt! I used to look out the front window of my house and the world seemed so far away. Now, it's in focus and if it weren't for this non-stop anxiety, I think I might actually be doing OK.

Hang in there. It will pass!

Tucson

Me as I observe the two-month mark of my final c/t:  :'(

Tucson,

Thanks for responding.

Well, I have had psychosis but psychosis can be different.

Honestly, I don't remember what all happened in psychosis. I had it back in 2002. I just drifted away from reality.

With this I know I am in reality. It's like I was telling Nicole, it's like one part of the brain works, the other part doesn't.

I thing it messes with our temporal lobes or something.

It is like things go out of focus. I understand what you're saying.

I hope the anxiety lifts soon.

Hang in there,

Billy.

[3e...]

Hello Billy,

Sending my love and hoping this symptom goes away soon.

Love to you,

Summer :smitten: :smitten: :hug:

Love to you.

:smitten:

Thanks Summer.

Billy.

[3e...]

Sigma,

Maybe consider holding off on the driving if at all possible until you return from the land of Oz?  :)

Sending good vibes your way

WWWI

WWWI,

Thanks  :mybuddy:

I have no plans on driving anywhere soon.

I do go for walks.

LOL, maybe I should stop doing that because I may get lost in the grass.  :o

Billy.

[3e...]

It's back, all of these perceptions of everything looks bigger or something.

I see my Neuro soon.

Just to be sure it isn't Neurological.

I think it maybe d/r, but I feel 3 inches off the ground and everything looks big, surreal, or something.

I just feel warped by this.

It is strange to look out the window and feel like you are 3 inches tall and the trees touch the sky.

I hope it is just d/r.

Earlier I was looking at a table beside me here by the bed and it looked warped. The floors feel spongy or hard and sometimes it's like I lose all perception of time.

I walk down steps from up to downstairs and it feels strange being 3 inches off the ground feeling.

doors look slanted. This is hell.

[5e...]

Hell is the best way that I can think to describe it, for sure...

Hang in there, Sigma. I wake up w/ and go to bed w/ this every single morning.

It HAS to get better.

Sig....

Me too lamberfn. I've had it for almost a year. A terrible, terrible, symptom.

Jeff M.