Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Should I jump?!?!

[se...]

So I am currently on .5mgs of Valium should I just jump off? Will the withdraw from this be any worse then the side effects from my cuts? Any experience on this?

I think Prof Ashton had her patients "jump" at .5mg so it's certainly safe to do.  I jumped from .125mg lorazepam (=1.25mg Valium) and didn't feel any worse after the jump.  If you want to hear specifically from Valium users who have jumped, you might want to put that in the title of your thread.  Congrats on getting so close to benzo freedom.  :thumbsup:

[e6...]

I think the side effects will vary, as mine have. I jumped off from 30-40 mg. c/t back on September 7 and I'm still having a hard time. I'd have given anything to have the self-discipline to go down to 0.5 mg! If I were you, I'd go to a mirror and talk to the person you see and ask your question. Do you feel ready to jump? Would you feel safer going down to 0.25 mg? It's your call. From where I sit 0.5 is a negligible amount, but everything is relative. I'm not you, and only you will know what's the best level to jump at.

The one thing that jumping does is give you the satisfaction to have the benzos out of your system sooner. Although 0.5 is a relatively small dose, it'll still probably give you some symptoms. When I jumped I was fine the first two weeks, due to Valium's long half life. Then, on about Day 16, all hell broke lose. But again, I did a c/t from a fairly high dose. You may not experience more that some slight discomfort...

Congratulations on being able to taper so low. I wish I had had your self-discipline because c/t is hell...

Good luck and please keep us posted!

Tucson

Me on Day 59 of my final c/t:  :crazy:

Yes I say jump at 5 mg!  I jumped at 10 mg....10 months ago today and I am still alive to talk about it...it was rough but I felt great knowing that the garbage was out of my system.....once and for all and you will too!  Be prepared for some insomnia and axiety and maybe some muscle tension...I have lower back muscle tension that is bad still.....time and dedication and focus to commitment are the keys to beating the benzos.

Good luck......

Andy

You can chat with Klondike about dropping his last dose of .5 Valuim. I think he said that it was pretty anticlimatic meaning he really feel any different but better to talk to him. He has a Buddie blog.

Good luck and congratulations on your victory!