Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Starting A Taper Program Today

[Vi...]

Hi All, I went to a Doctor on Long Island today so that he can help me start with my taper plan. I've been on 1 mg of Xanax for about 12 years and started to get withdrawals. He crossed me over to 30 mg Librium to start. I showed him the Ashton table which shows that the Librium equivalent is 50 mg. He was quick to pull out another table done by some US researchers which showed that the Librium equivalent was 25 mg and that he had great success starting with that number. I hope he's correct. I guess I'll find out by tomorrow. I asked him about Valium but he insisted that Librium had a slightly longer half-life. He also put me on 50 mg Trazodone at bedtime to help with insomnia. Any thoughts out there about this treatment plan? Anyone ever try this Trazodone for sleep?  ;)

I haven't tried Trazodone, but I know it is used by some doctors for sleep.  My doctor put me on Doxepin (which has an antihistamine in it) and it worked great.  I no longer need it, so I am on Paxil and Klonopin (weaning off of the K slowly).

Wishing you the best in your taper...

fg