Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

curious

[Ra...]

curious about others who have titrated off benzos NOT doing a cross over just titrated off the benzo they where on, after you did the titration did you get sick or have the protracted withdraws? if so how long did it last?

i would like to know what i might be in for when i am done with my titration from 1mg of K.

Stormy,

The good news is that there doesn't seem to be much correlation between the method you use and the length of the w/d period. I know people who titrated and were healed in a month. Others titrated and were in protracted.

The bad news is there's no way of telling.

I titrated directly off K and I'm still healing in my 11th month but I'm doing better than I was at the beginning. The important thing is to just get OFF so you can start healing.

-P-

I'd like to add, if you are planning on titration, when you cross over don't change your dose for a week or so. Some have found they get some symptoms once they've crossed over. It might be that some of the medication gets lost. If you keep your same dose, the cross over might be smoother.