Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

books on benzo w/d

[Me...]

Hello Matheral,

Here are my favorite books on the subject of benzos.

I am the type of person who seeks to know what is happening and why, it brings comfort to me. I hope it does the same for you.

I put together some information that may be helpful. If you are interested in reviewing a web site for information the best one is benzo.org.uk. It may be worth checking out.

1. “The Accidental Addict” by Di Poritt & Di Russell, 2006

2. “Benzo-Wise, A Recovery Companion” by Baylissa Frederick, 2009 (She has an updated version from 2010)

3. “The Benzo Book, Getting Safely off Tranquilizers” by Jack Hobson-Dupont, 2006

4. "Your Drug May Be Your Problem, How and Why to Stop Taking Psychiatric Medications" 2007 fully revised and updated edition, by Peter Breggin, M.D. (a Psychiatrist)

5. “Brain- Disabling Treatments in Psychiatry” by Peter R. Breggin, MD, 2008

I bought some of his books on Barnes & Nobel.com. They may also be available on Amazon as well yet, some of these books I was only able to find them at the web site below.

Benzo Book link:

http://www.benzo.org.uk/bzbz.htm

The Ashton Manual, you can print this out for free. There are 4 or 5 chapters, each one is printed out separately to get the entire manual.

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/

Peter Breggin M.D.  has a web site this research article is from there. I found this to be helpful as well.

"Intoxication anosognosia: The Spellbinding Effect of Psychiatric Drugs" (PDF), Ethical Human Psychology and Psychiatry, 8, 201-215, 2006.

If the link to the Spellbinding does not work, you can go to Peter Breggin’s web site and look under Scientific Papers.

Love,

Summer