Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

As I leave I wish everyone peace in their hearts. HAPPY HEALING!! xx

[ch...]

Dear BB,

I want to thank you so much for all your support and good wishes and right back at you!!

This whole thing escalated and got bigger than I wanted it to be.  I do not want to be a distraction to your healing and I do not wish to be distracted from mine.

I wish you all the best of health!! I know that each of us are where we need to be. I will pray for your recovery as I continue with mine.

MAY THE ROAD RISE TO MEET YOU

MAY THE WIND BE  ALWAYS AT YOUR BACK

MAY THE SUN SHINE WARM UPON YOUR FACE

THE RAINS FALL SOFT UPON YOUR FIELDS

AND UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN

MAY GOD HOLD YOU IN THE PALM OF HIS HAND

LOVE, :smitten:

Chrysanthemum

PS Please, please do not post anything regarding past posts!

PPS I have tried to figure out how to withdraw from this group and can't LOL so I guess I need help with one more "withdrawal symptom" :D Could someone please advise!!!!

Chrysanthemum, Good Luck to You.

Bear  ;):thumbsup:

((((((BEAR)))))) good luck to you and sending you all my LOVE!!

Now, get healing!!!!

~C

good luck and much healing

well be here if you need us

:smitten:

THANK YOU!! I hope all my buddies understand that we may be on different paths but we will all reach our goal~~~ GOOD HEALTH!!xxxxx

:smitten:,

~C~

Hi Chrys,

To be honest, this is disturbing..you leaving...when you are in the worst part of your w/d.. you have been such a benefit to others...why not let us be supportive of you? I wish I could PM you with my e-mail address..hmmm

Like I said in the other post..let's not say good bye, leave the door open.

Farewell

You will be missed  :'(

Hi Chrys,

To be honest, this is disturbing..you leaving...when you are in the worst part of your w/d.. you have been such a benefit to others...why not let us be supportive of you? I wish I could PM you with my e-mail address..hmmm

Like I said in the other post..let's not say good bye, leave the door open.

Farewell

You will be missed  :'(

:smitten:

I want to make it very clear that I was treated fairly here and respect all the people on this much needed forum! I am not leaving because of any threads!! I already had said I needed to go: I just couldn't  take off my "Dr's hat" long enough to be a patient. I have a lot of resources and I will be FINE!! I am not alone. I felt lonely sometimes especially these last few days. Withdrawing from this drug takes its toll on all of us--I promise I will continue to spread the benzo word to the medical and psychological community.

The moderators have a very difficult job and I want to apologise if I made one minute of their jobs more difficult. Pamster especially has been here for me from the start and I have great fondness and respect for her.

Peace

~C~

CHRY, I think you are doing yourself a disservice by leaving. I dont know what your support system is but despite issues coming up from time to time, this is the right place to be. Sometimes when I get so messed up, I go into the chat room and we have fun. Tonight we had a dance party.

We are here for our own healing and to connect to the only people in our lives right now that know what we are going through. There are hard stories to read and just like you, I want to reach out to everyone and when I first came here, I had to read every story. Now, I try only to read what may pertain to me.

I wish you would reconsider. The reason you have not walked away yet, I believe, is because you want and need the support here. My husband stays with me 4 days a week and then my sister in law stays the other 3 days, still I need my Buddies here.

When I start to taper, I know that if I run into trouble, I can call on my Buddies to help me through it...so can you.

Please try to set aside your training and knowledge of helping others and be there for yourself.

If you really wanted to leave, you would have already gone. Just stay put and connected.

You are loved here and you can't say to any of us "You don't understand what I'm going through!"

This is a journey as you know and God puts people in our lives to walk the path with us...that is what we are all doing...TOGETHER!

Just think about it.

Love,

Grace

You don't need to withdraw from this group. Just stop in every now and then to say hello and tell us how you're doing. I know what you're feeling. I've felt it too. I don't want withdrawal to become my new hobby. But I do need to know that others are experiencing what I'm experiencing so I'll know it's normal for the process and I hope I can help others as I recover. We're all different with different lives, personalities and difficulties. We have one thing in common and that's what we're here for. Some might find things in common and become long time friends. Who knows. But right or wrong, good or bad advise, we're here to try to help each other through this battle with a beast that's hard to beat. Sometimes we just need to get away from it all. I try to bring a little humor in to lighten things up. Withdrawal is a bit too heavy most of the time. You've brought a lot of warmth to the forum. It can get kinda cold when the waves hit hard and the shaking won't stop. I hope you'll stop back by and let us know how you're doing. Sometimes it hurts to care but we do. We want to see you heal too.

You don't need to withdraw from this group. Just stop in every now and then to say hello and tell us how you're doing. I know what you're feeling. I've felt it too. I don't want withdrawal to become my new hobby. But I do need to know that others are experiencing what I'm experiencing so I'll know it's normal for the process and I hope I can help others as I recover. We're all different with different lives, personalities and difficulties. We have one thing in common and that's what we're here for. Some might find things in common and become long time friends. Who knows. But right or wrong, good or bad advise, we're here to try to help each other through this battle with a beast that's hard to beat. Sometimes we just need to get away from it all. I try to bring a little humor in to lighten things up. Withdrawal is a bit too heavy most of the time. You've brought a lot of warmth to the forum. It can get kinda cold when the waves hit hard and the shaking won't stop. I hope you'll stop back by and let us know how you're doing. Sometimes it hurts to care but we do. We want to see you heal too.

Thanks. This wave has hit me really hard for sure. I also feel like the tide has turned against me suddenly and that doesn't help either. I'm perplexed. I had felt support from many and suddenly there seemed to be a subtle switch and edited posts, etc. I have apologised repeatedly but there seems to be a cold wall up.  :(

Dear Chrysanthemum,

I am an "editor".  Thought my post was making you uncomfortable instead of supporting you; which was my intention (the support).  It is hard to convey what is meant over the internet and feelings get hurt when there is no intention to do so.  This has happened to me.  I think in withdrawal I have very sensitive feelings and get them hurt too easily.  It's not like you can pick up the phone and ask what you meant by that.  Add to that all the people chiming in and you have a real misunderstanding.

My intent was to encourage you to stay and receive the support you will find here, not to imply you were alone.  Sorry.

Prayers for all buddies in their withdrawal and afterward,

Popcornlady

I just have to say that I have met with, and dealt with many people, in my daily life.But I must confess that the folks here at BenzoBuddies are some of the kindest and most understanding people I have ever encountered.

Peace and comfort to all.

pj :)

Dear Chrysanthemum,

I am an "editor".   Thought my post was making you uncomfortable instead of supporting you; which was my intention (the support).  It is hard to convey what is meant over the internet and feelings get hurt when there is no intention to do so.  This has happened to me.  I think in withdrawal I have very sensitive feelings and get them hurt too easily.  It's not like you can pick up the phone and ask what you meant by that.   Add to that all the people chiming in and you have a real misunderstanding.

My intent was to encourage you to stay and receive the support you will find here, not to imply you were alone.  Sorry.

Prayers for all buddies in their withdrawal and afterward,

Popcornlady

No, it did not make me uncomfortable. I appreciated it and I agree that in w/d we are all sensitive and I am on the edge of panic. I need to regroup and rest. I am going to take people's advice and hold on my next taper. I always appreciate your support and kindness. You are a very caring presence here -- I agree that our words can easily be misconstrued in print, but I always feel like people are coming from a place of kindness. You are a brave and lovely person. I really am going to take a break here-- I just did not want to abruptly stop writing to the people who have cared for me. Like you :smitten:

~C~