Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

new and dont know where to start

[su...]

Hi, I have been struggling with benzos for a couple of years. I want to get off of them completely but am very scared and don't know how to do it. I love this site. It has already provided me with a lot of useful information and hope. Any other help I can receive will be appreciated. Thank you, Sunnygirl

Hi Sunnygirl,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Can you tell us some more about your situation? What are you taking and how much? Are you experiencing symptoms? Have you tried to taper already? What happened?

Sorry to bombard you with questions :) :) I really hope we can help

-P-

Welcome!

Have you read the Ashton Manual yet?  It is available online.  That is one place to start.  It is not the end-all as far as info goes, but it is a place to start.

I think education is the first important step.  Take your time with this step.  Talk with folks.  Come into chat and chat live with folks who have been there.  Learn the lingo.  Get a feel for how different everyone is.  Feel the discomfort of not knowing definitive answers.  Find your own plan and be flexible with it. 

If you are stable and have things in place in your life, like support and contingency plans,  then begin by making small steps.  Change only one thing at a time.  Make slight changes and give things time to stabilze before you draw conclusions about the outcome. 

Patience, commitment and moderation are things that I learned on this journey.  Many have gone before you, and if your desire is to get off the benzos, you can accomplish that.  With support from folks here.

Take care,

cdawg

It may get a little confusing with two Sunny girl's here.   :laugh:  I don't know how that happened.

Sunny girl :)

You have a space between your name, and the other sunnygirl doesn't, that's all it took.  ;)

Welcome Sunnygirl, we're happy you've found us, let us know how we can help you.  Please don't be scared, this is a process, just like everything else, and you can find your way through it.

Pam