Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

yo yo'ing

[Me...]

hey guys,

I was going to wait until rehab to w/d, (its a 2yr program so i'll be going slow)....but i thought why not start now.

I did what i've done in the past that made me fail and that's not sticking to a schedule.

I cut from 45mg of V to 40, then the next day i took 35mg then the next day 42.25 and now back 45mg

i don't know whats wrong with me, i can't stick to any schedule.......i always want to cut down further, then i get bad w/d's so i go up, then i get mad at my self because i'm cutting out only a mg or 2, and it should be more.  then i think i should be able to handle that, then i just give up.....

so frusterating....I'm always so scared of a long taper......but in the long run its the shortest way to recovery

[ed...]

I was at 30-40 mg of Valium for 12 years and I can tell you that your 45 mg. cut should have been, at most, to about 42.5 mg. where you would have held 10-21 days, until your body was adjusted, and then your next cut would be 42.5 down to 40 mg. It's pretty easy to make 2.5 mg. cut down to about 15-20 mg. From then on, it's est to go 1 mg. at a time every couple of weeks. I was able to taper down to 2.5 mg. twice daily a couple of times, and then I'd try and jump. I didn't succeed because I should have gone from 5 to 4 to 3 to 2 to 1.5, to 1.0 to 0.5 and then off...

You're caught in a yo-yo because your cuts are too big and too frequent!

Take is slow and easy and be successful!

Best wishes,

Tucson

Me on Day 56 of my final c/t:  8)