Important Survey - Please Participate ×

yo yo'ing

[Me...]

hey guys,

I was going to wait until rehab to w/d, (its a 2yr program so i'll be going slow)....but i thought why not start now.

I did what i've done in the past that made me fail and that's not sticking to a schedule.

I cut from 45mg of V to 40, then the next day i took 35mg then the next day 42.25 and now back 45mg

i don't know whats wrong with me, i can't stick to any schedule.......i always want to cut down further, then i get bad w/d's so i go up, then i get mad at my self because i'm cutting out only a mg or 2, and it should be more.  then i think i should be able to handle that, then i just give up.....

so frusterating....I'm always so scared of a long taper......but in the long run its the shortest way to recovery

[21...]

I was at 30-40 mg of Valium for 12 years and I can tell you that your 45 mg. cut should have been, at most, to about 42.5 mg. where you would have held 10-21 days, until your body was adjusted, and then your next cut would be 42.5 down to 40 mg. It's pretty easy to make 2.5 mg. cut down to about 15-20 mg. From then on, it's est to go 1 mg. at a time every couple of weeks. I was able to taper down to 2.5 mg. twice daily a couple of times, and then I'd try and jump. I didn't succeed because I should have gone from 5 to 4 to 3 to 2 to 1.5, to 1.0 to 0.5 and then off...

You're caught in a yo-yo because your cuts are too big and too frequent!

Take is slow and easy and be successful!

Best wishes,

Tucson

Me on Day 56 of my final c/t:  8)