Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

New to all of this

[ro...]

My brother is taking ~8-10 mg of clonazepam daily and needs help trying to get off of them.  He's been taking them for about 5 years now, and refuses to see a doctor.  He's tried several time to quit cold turkey, which have been disasters.  I think he means to actually get off of them this time and I want to help and support him.  He originally took them to help with social anxiety but moved beyond that a long time ago.  He doesn't have a prescription for them, he either gets them online or from a friend.

Hello ronniemexico, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I'm very sorry to hear about your brother, his dose, drug of choice and time on the drug reminds me of my story, I quit cold turkey too.  It's a horrific experience and dangerous, so I hope you can convince him to taper the drug, safely and slowly.  Does your brother have addiction problems, it's sometimes difficult for people with these to taper, the desire to take the drug to make the pain go away is pretty powerful. 

Would your brother be willing to come here and talk to us, that would help the most I think, but if not, we'll be happy to help him through you.

Pam

hi ronniemexico,

Clonazepam isn't a bad drug to get off of if he were to do a slow taper. It has a longer half life than most which would make for a smooth taper.

It's wonderful that you're taking such an interest in your brother. I'm so glad you're supporting him.

Hope