Important Survey - Please Participate ×

I need help getting off lorazepam!!

[ma...]

ok So i am staying at 5mg and going to bare with the wds. I have all the stuff needed for titration.  :)

I am excited to try this and hope to succeed!! :yippee: Thanks to everyone for their advice!! Now I just need help learning how to do the doses and when to start.. lol. I feel so needy it's sad!

Amanda,

Ok It is important to be as stable as possible before you start your titration. If your attempt at just stopping the benzo's  was within the last few days, then If it were me I would give myself a little longer to try to stabilize...but only YOU know when you are ready.

What you want to do is this:

go here http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=62.0 (just click that link) and start a new thread in that section title it something like

"need schedule for titration of 0.5 lorazepam"

include in the post how much you are on daily, how much you want to reduce by,  for example a typical reduction is 10-12% over two weeks., some go faster, some go slower.....thats up to you to decide. For example, I am doing 12% per 12 days I believe. But you can always go faster, or slower once you start. Thats the good thing about titration.

and you said you have everything you need already?...I just want to make sure, you have a syringe body? I use a 10ml plastic syringe body and got mine at walmart pharmacy, you also need the 100ml graduated cylinder marked in 1ml markings.

So when you are ready, go to that first link I gave you in this post (the titration section) and make the post requesting your schedule and someone will come along soon enough and get the ball rolling with you.

good luck you !!  :yippee:

-Scott

yes I have a syring which is used to give my daughter her medicine and a measuring cup with ml markings.  Is that ok?

How high to the markings on the measuring cup go?  Are the lines really precisely marked so you can easily tell when you have removed 1 ml?

Ok Amanda if you decide to go ahead and buy one, just do a search for 100ml graduated cylinders.

If you have any problems finding one, or want to make sure you found the correct kind post here and we'll let ya know :)

I can send you a few links if need be, as an example of what to get. If you do not get a plastic one and get a glass one, if at all possible can I suggest you pick up two incase one breaks on you. It happened to me a few days back! Thanks to my cat knocking it over! lol  :muscle:

make sure to shop around a bit, some sites are cheaper than others ofcourse :)

Just post if you need any help  finding one , I was confused at forst as to which one to get, until someone PM'd me an example when I first started. :)

Yeah I have a good idea of which one i need. But just to make sure I am right if you can send me it that would be great. I am leaving for vacation tom. for 10 days. Not sure what to do about the meds. If I should keep taking them until I am completely stable and start the tritation when I get back? Or will that make it even harder for me?

As I remember, eljay recommended that you stabilize on .5mg/day for at least 2 weeks, so planning on starting your taper when you get back from vacation sounds ideal to me. Have a great time!

Amanda, I sent you a PM with some ideas on a cylinder since you wat to go ahead and get one.

This was just an example of what you are looking for.

Check your messages :)

And I agree, start once you get back from your vacation. You want to have a good time, not messing with your titration! :)

It will do ya some good, just to go and try to relax and then we can tackle this when you come back!

have fun!

-Scott

• 2 weeks later...