Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Bear

[...]

Hi all. I have bad headaches and bad head pressure. It feels like my head is going to blow up. Am I in danger of having a stroke? If not, then I will be ok.

Thanks,

Bear

Hi Bear, I'm dealing with this too. I've always had head pressure but the past 2 weeks have been pretty unbearable. I don't think we are in danger of a stroke but maybe getting BP checked would be a good idea.  Misery, isn't it!! Nothing helps!

Been through that same thing.  Mine lasted for many months.  Started while on Benzos in May.  Stopped end of July.  Picked back up with head pressure and constant headaches from 2nd week of August until first week of October.  Still have lingering headaches that pop in now and then (like right now) but they are less on the pain scale then before.  Only thing that helped me was putting ice on the area that was hurting.  It calmed it down a good bit.

[7a...]

((Bear)) Sorry to hear this. i have headaches too- but it's not my worst complaint. Things will get better. We're both in the acute hell right now- and well, this is the worst of it. I posted to see when others got slammed w/ the acute crap b/c I can feel some of my old demons from the c/t coming back to haunt me. I think it's about time I'm getting slammed ALL over AGAIN. Sigh.

I'm getting a lot of the skin burning and pain and the annoying tingling all over my back that makes me want to CLIMB A WALL!! And my vision is super blurry and the room is moving and nausea...lots of fun stuff. Woke up this AM, went for a walk, horrible heart palps. Sigh...

hang in there. If you get slammed w/ symptoms, let me know...we're bound to get hit around the same time. So far no severe panic or anything YET...but I can just feel it coming. Ugh...

Hang in there, friend...we'll get through this.

((HUGS)), Love and healing, lamberfn

Hi all, yes, I did use ice today. I had to go to my appointment. I have been gone this afternoon and evening. I had a BAD wave in the car. My husband was driving. He had to stop and buy tylenol and an ice pack for my head. I also had depersonalization, extreme headache, blood pressure was 150/100 at the doctors. I know that the bp is from withdrawal, so this time, I won't take pills like I did last time. Two weeks out my bp corrected itself, and I went low to 70/40. I haven't had dp/dr since c/t last year...oh well, here I go again.  :o

Lamberfn, I will try to keep you updated, and you keep my updated, too. I think there are a couple of others here that are on the same schedule.

I hate to see Chrysanthemaum leave, but I can understand her situation.

I had a long talk today with my arthritis doc about these drugs...still spreading the word  ;)

Hugs,

Bear