Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Same dosage of diazepam but feeling w/d with different mg pills?

[Wi...]

I'm going to begin titrating if I can.  In preparation, two nights ago I switched one of the 5 mg pills for 2 and 1/2, 2 mg tabs.  So there is no change in dosage and the brands are the same.

Ever since I replaced the 5 for the 2's two nights ago I feel as if I've made an actual cut and am already feeling it. I was intending to start the titration but am thinking of holding for a week to see if i can acclimate to this.

Has anyone else experienced this? Again, the dosage hasn't changed, just changed out the 5 mg for the equivilant 2 mgs.  I appreciate any input you can provide.

Hi WWWI,

Usually the differences are brand to brand, although I've heard this is more of a problem with K than with V. That said, if the brand is a generic, then batch to batch, there can be variations. I'd stay on that dose for a week like you said then go down.

Are the tablets scored? Are you breaking along the score-line every time?

-P-

Hi WWWI,

Usually the differences are brand to brand, although I've heard this is more of a problem with K than with V. That said, if the brand is a generic, then batch to batch, there can be variations. I'd stay on that dose for a week like you said then go down.

Are the tablets scored? Are you breaking along the score-line every time?

-P-

they are supposed to be the same brand, and yes they are scored and yes I'm cutting it as close to even as I possibly can.  The only difference was that the first night, because I assumed that all of the above would mean there would be no noticeable difference, I tried to submerge 1 mg in hemp milk (lactotose intolerant) and  took the whole thing in order as you suggested, to get acclimated to the change.  But the change was noticable.  It felt yesterday similar to how I feel the first day if I were to I cut 1 mg from my dose (I've learned if I can feel it the first day after a cut, I've cut too much, which is why I don't cut 1 mg and why I am also moving it to titration).  Is it possible that hemp milk did something to it?  I know I mixed it well and I took it all.

So I have no idea what happened.  Last night I took 2.5 2mg pills instead of 5 mg and think that things are getting back to where they were prior to the hemp milk experience.  However it's hard to tell since it's first thing in the morning and mornings are inherently bad so I'm not entirely sure.

I hope that makes sense.  Any thought you have or suggestions are appreciated.  I'm also investigating seeing with my doctor and pharmacist if I can get 1 mg a day of the liquid diazepam and whether it's dilutable with water.  I may have a lower failure rate with that.  Sigh, I hate mornings, they make everything seem so dire, including this.

Thanks again for your help and input :)

WWWI

Sometimes when you change the way you take benzos,  like putting them in water,  it takes sometime for the body to adjust.  It metabolizes differently.

Water may be a better alternative than milk for you.  If you stick with it ,  things will probably settle down.

If you get liquid , there is no need to dilute it .

Hope this is helpful, feel better,  z

Sometimes when you change the way you take benzos,  like putting them in water,  it takes sometime for the body to adjust.  It metabolizes differently.

This is true too! In a couple of days, everything will probably be better :)

Sometimes when you change the way you take benzos,  like putting them in water,  it takes sometime for the body to adjust.  It metabolizes differently.

Water may be a better alternative than milk for you.  If you stick with it ,  things will probably settle down.

If you get liquid , there is no need to dilute it .

Hope this is helpful, feel better,  z

The reason for the dilution is that in it's current state the smallest increment I can easily measure is .1 ml = .1mg.  If I were to drop .1 a day that would be 1 mg every ten days.  However if it is easier on my system to drop by a lower percentage then I would need 1 mg to equal more than 1 ml.  In otherwords if I want to drop 1 mg every 14 days, I could dilute the 1 ml with an additional .4 ml of water (or whatever substance) and cut .1 everyday for 14 days (as an example).  And my guess is that as the dose goes lower I may have to dilute even further.  If on the other hand I could handle .1 mg every 10 days to get to 1 mg every 10 days for the duration of the taper I'd be willing to pay diamonds and jewels :).  But knowing me, I'm not holding out much hope for that.

I think you may be correct about the possiblity that it certainly could be a metabolism issue.  So my question is does water suffice? I'd heard rumor that in order to liquify diazepam on my own it had to be in a fat soluable liquid (milk) as opposed to water for it to distribute evenly and/or metabolize better.  It would be easier and cheaper to use water but as always I'm hoping to avoid any surprises.  I have heard that the liquid Valium/diazepam they provide at the pharmacy is suspended in an alcohol suspension so that would negate the fat theory....oh man this gets so confusing.  Bottom line, is it possible to successfully titrate using water? Has anyone done this?

Yes , many people have titrated using water, it is very doable,  the only thing you have to be sure of , is that before you draw your water the particles of the pill are pretty equally distributed in the mixture.

I used water to titrate klonopin for a bit,  it worked very well.  I probably should have stuck with it but I went to fast and , well the rest is history.

There is a lot of debate about the use of water and the fat solubility of benzos.  Different things work for different people.  I persoannly prefer water because you can see what is going on in there lol

Benzos may only be fat soluable once they are injested,  I'm not positive,  I believe I read that.  Don't hold me to it.

Take good care.  xo

:)

Okay, here's the thing. Benzos are BODY fat soluble. But in terms of dissolving in milk...won't happen. The particles merely suspend themselves in the liquid. That's why we always talk about a benzo suspension rather than a solution. Even when you get a benzo liquid from a compounding pharmacy, it is a suspension in Ora-plus and not a solution. Except in the case of liquid V, which as you pointed out, is mixed in alcohol.

The reason the pharmacies use alcohol is because benzos are SOLUBLE in alcohol. I have a friend who used a tiny bit of vodka mixed with water to titrate off Xanax because her water suspension was never even enough.

I'm learning SO much about this!  If only the medical profession would get their act together it would make this SO much easier for us.  But I'm so glad for the wisdom I find here.  I would have no idea what I'd have done otherwise.

Body fat soluble....lol got some of that so it shouldn't be a problem  ;) .  Interesting factoid.  Thank you princezz and offandrunning. You both are BRILLIANT!

So does soluble mean that it dissolves better?  And I'm not a drinker and recognize that alcohol is not good in w/d, but would  using vodka actually dissolve and therefore distribute the dose more evenly or is it equivalent to suspended or for that matter would it dissolve just as evenly in water? So many questions.  Thank you so much for putting up with me!

I'm learning SO much about this!  If only the medical profession would get their act together it would make this SO much easier for us.  But I'm so glad for the wisdom I find here.  I would have no idea what I'd have done otherwise.

Body fat soluble....lol got some of that so it shouldn't be a problem  ;) .  Interesting factoid.  Thank you princezz and offandrunning. You both are BRILLIANT!

So does soluble mean that it dissolves better?  And I'm not a drinker and recognize that alcohol is not good in w/d, but would  using vodka actually dissolve and therefore distribute the dose more evenly or is it equivalent to suspended or for that matter would it dissolve just as evenly in water? So many questions.  Thank you so much for putting up with me!

Try not to over think it,  water is a good option for titration, it's not perfect, but it works very well.  I didn't use a blender ,  I just crushed the pill,  put it in the water, mixed it up, drew my water and never had any issues with it.  Some people actually just put their pill in the water and let it sit for 20 minutes.  It's pretty easy,  when I first started doing it I was worried about every little detail,  it was just more benzo aggravation , lol.  It's  a good method,  oh, I practiced with an asprin first.  Keep us posted.  much love to you zoe

Me over think things? You must not know me <grin>.  But your advise is good.  And once I worked out every itty bitty detail and experimented last night with multiple substances to watch as things dissolved I think I'm confident that I can do this and make it a fairly streamlined process. 

Only worry I have is what happened the first night I tried with Hemp Milk.  But by using water, perhaps whatever occurred that night was an anomaly.  If not I guess I'll just have to figure it out then.

Thanks so much for all of your help!

Me over think things? You must not know me <grin>.

lol  i think we all do it in benzo withdrawal,  i know i did ,  it was like a job  :smitten: