Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Need to start a taper program

[Vi...]

Hello, I have been on Xanax 1mg per day for around 10 years. It was originally prescribed for general anxiety and insomnia. I have recently noticed some bad symptoms of withdrawal and I'm assuming that its due to building up a tolerance to that dose. I do not want to increase it, so I came here for help in tapering. I read through the Ashton method and it sounds very logical. I live in the New York City suburbs of Long Island and I am also in search of a Doctor or Clinic in this area who is familiar with this method of tapering so that I can seek help. If there is anyone on this forum who lives in the NYC area, please recommend any Doctors in the area that have helped you. I would like to find a Doc who has experience with this or a similar taper process. Thanks so much. :)

Hi Vic,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies,

It's no surprise that you've developed tolerance withdrawal after such a long time of use. I know you'll find information and support here.

Take a look around and take advantage of the search function.

I'm glad you found us.

Hope