Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

help with titration...new way

[al...]

Hi group...I figured out a way that would be easier for me to titrate...instead of using milk I will use oraplus, bit will use 10mls a day per one. 5mg klonopin. What I plan to do is crush one .5mg klonopin and put it onto 10mls of oraplus. Then, I will draw out .1mls a day. Correct me if im wrong, but this is the same as using 100mls of milk and drawing out 1ml a day right? This way when I travel it will be easier to bring my small oraplus solution with me. Do I have the doseage right here? I have a 473ml bottle of oraplus so I figure that will last for 47 days, so I will probably need 2 bottles. Does this sound like a workable plan?

I know there have been several posts about OraPlus lately but I don't know anything about it.  :-\  However, I can confirm for you that removing .1ml from 10ml is the same percentage reduction as removing 1ml from 100 ml.  I'm not sure how you would be able to remove that small of an amount, but if you have the equipment to do so, your plan should work.  Good luck.  :thumbsup:

I actually have 100 1ml syringes that have marks in. 10 increments so i'd be able to remove that amount ;) thanks for confirming the math...im horrible at it ;)

HI Allie

Any reason you are using the Ora Plus as opposed to milk?  Milk is pretty easy to come by and alot cheaper?  You would want to use wholemilk as it is the fat that helps dispurse the benzo...  The Ora plus looks like an option but a bit expensive.  

On another note a few other tricks on titrating-A few of us that titrated liked using a larger amount of liquid as it makes pulling your cut a bit more precise.  In otherwords-With MORE volume there is LESS benzo in each drop.  Therefore more room for error so to speak.  Another trick some of us found helpful was to make our milk/benzo dose then remove the daily cut and then drink this mixture throughout the day.  Spreading the dose throughout the day can be helpful with symptoms (avoid interdose withdrawal) as you get lower and lower in your dose.

Wishing you the best of luck in finishing up your taper.

Mimi

Maybe I will do the milk...im just worried about being tied down to the house for the remainder of my taper....but I guess I would be either way I titrated. Is it really annoying/time consuming to mix it everyday or does it become easier once you get used to it?

Hi Allie

Everything about Benzo's are tedious-to say the least!!  Tapering becomes part of your daily schedule like brushing your teeth.  Check out the video Benzodiazepine Titration Simplified on the forum.  May seem complicated but once you get it down you can do it in your sleep! You can also make it the night before and have it ready to go.  Just always shake before removing your cut!

Mimi