Jump to content
Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Possible surgery


[Mi...]

Recommended Posts

Hi all- I have a small question. Looks like I will be having surgery on Nov 18th. Haven't started the crossover to V yet because the thyroid levels were not stable, almost there stable wise with that:) and my grandmother passed. I had to drive a distance so that was a setback and honestly wanted to be there in full spirit and mind. What about this surgery? Should I still wait to crossover until after the surgery? My worry is all the meds they fill us up with during surgery. I am on a set schedule with my Ativan and stable right now. Do I say anything to the surgeon or nurses? Its not a long surgery, maybe 1 hour.. I see my psych this week.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, Michelle.

 

I suppose if it were me I'd put off the crossover until a week or two after the surgery since you'll be crossing from 2.5mg Ativan.  (If it were only .5mg and a one step cross, I'd probably go for it.)  I would definitely tell the medical staff, including anesthesiologist, about the Ativan and any other meds.  Good luck.  :thumbsup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...