Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Possible surgery

[Mi...]

Hi all- I have a small question. Looks like I will be having surgery on Nov 18th. Haven't started the crossover to V yet because the thyroid levels were not stable, almost there stable wise with that:) and my grandmother passed. I had to drive a distance so that was a setback and honestly wanted to be there in full spirit and mind. What about this surgery? Should I still wait to crossover until after the surgery? My worry is all the meds they fill us up with during surgery. I am on a set schedule with my Ativan and stable right now. Do I say anything to the surgeon or nurses? Its not a long surgery, maybe 1 hour.. I see my psych this week.

Hi, Michelle.

I suppose if it were me I'd put off the crossover until a week or two after the surgery since you'll be crossing from 2.5mg Ativan.  (If it were only .5mg and a one step cross, I'd probably go for it.)  I would definitely tell the medical staff, including anesthesiologist, about the Ativan and any other meds.  Good luck.  :thumbsup: