Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Klonopin Titration Help

[fr...]

Hi BBs,

I'm currently at .125mg of K. The last reduction was a tough one. I have yet to completely stabilize. Can someone please help me develop a titration schedule for the remainder of my taper?

Thanks!

We don't have anyone who does formal schedules like Colin used to do but several of us understand the basic process so I feel sure one of us can help.  Are you going to go the "formal" way, with a 100 ml cylinder and a syringe, or just do a simplified titration with a measuring cup and spoon?  Do you have an idea of how fast/what rate you want to reduce your dose?

Hi Beeper,

Thanks for your input.

I've only heard of the "formal" method? What is the other method?

Someone told me to try reducing by 2ml a day. I'm not exactly sure of all the math involved, but do you know what is a safe dose to "jump" from?

Hi Freedom,

Take a look at this link, which explains the formal method: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=38939.0

At 0.125mg, it will be over quickly for you, so congratulations for getting this close!

You can simply dissolve 0.125mg K in 100ml of water every day. Out of the 100ml of benzo liquid, you will take out an amount increasing by 2ml per day. That will get you off in 50 days.

The first day you toss 2ml of liquid. The second day, toss 4ml. The third day, toss 6ml. Etc. That's pretty much the rate I went at, but I think I could have managed it faster. I was deliberately going very slow.

To speed up, you toss more per day.

E.g. The first day, toss 3ml. Second -6ml. Third - 9ml. This will have you off in 34 days.