Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Hey, I made it to Day 50 of my c/t and I'm not cured! What's going on?

[a8...]

[a8...]

I'm just kidding... I don't expect to be "cured" just because I am 50 days out. Still, I'm in very foreign territory now, as the longest I ever made it before was 47 days. I'm really frustrated that this whole process is so s...l...o...w! Still, what other choice do I have but to just hang in there. I have some unemployment benefits left and enough in savings that I can live frugally for all of 2012 and some of 2013 in a worst-case scenario.

Today it is only going to get up to the high 70s! Whhopppeee! After being in either the 90s, 100s or 110s from late April until Tuesday of this week, the sudden change in temperatures is working wonders for me. The heat just really makes my symptoms worse! It's supposed to heat back up tomorrow to 84-85 and stay that way for a while, and that's still comfortable enough for me. Adios, summer! Now it's time to psych myself up for the frigid 65 degree days of winter, with occasional cold fronts dropping us down to the 50s for a few days here and there. brrrrrr!

OK, 50 down, 50 more to go to "The Century" mark!

Thanks to all for your support over the past 50 days. I couldn't have done it without my Benzo Buddies!

Tucson

Me on Day 50 of my final c/t:  :o

I may move to your location for the winter.  :laugh:  Temperature fluctuations are causing my symptoms to flare up.  It was almost 80 yesterday and today 51 has been the high.  I know that the winter is going to sock it to me.

You think 65 degrees is frigid ?    :o    :laugh:  Try to stay warm !  :laugh:

[a8...]

Yeah, those 65 degree days are killer. Thank God for light jackets. (I don't own a coat.) They are the reward we get in Arizona for having survived such a brutal summer!

What state are you in?

Tucson

Me on Day 50 of my final c/t: :o

Sunny Girl,

I am with you....93 last Sat....75 today....Just going up and down here....

I am better with the colder weather...

Hang in there Tucson.....See you at the party Sunny

Oh my goodness, Pam and Tuscon !  I have chill bumps the size of goose eggs....just thinking about temps getting into the teens.  I don't like snow and ice, either.    Makes my daily walks, more difficult. 

How are you feeling at 50 days out, Tuscon ?  You sound good, considering. 

Hang in there ! :)

It is truly amazing how long it takes the body to reset from this.  I tapered slowly and am very much still healing at the 5 month point, though I would say the absolutely worst of the symptoms topped out by the end of the second month and were behind me at the end of the third month. 

Don't expect it to go away over night.  Just remember slow and steady wins this race.  It is a path we all have to walk, everyone heals 100% in the end, and everyone is always better off for having done it.

:)

[a8...]

Thanks all. I would suspect I am probably doing about the same as most people tend to be doing as they near the two-month mark, which I'll hit on Nov. 7. Based on what I've read, I can expect the next couple of months to be up and down, with slow but gradual improvement. I'm taking it slow and easy, as easy as an impatient person can be... I've come to accept the reality that "it will be what it is."

Overall, I'm in a good mood today because I hit 50 Days. That was a goal that once seemed impossible to me. Sunday is my 57th birthday and for the first time since I began this ordeal I am going to celebrate being an old geezer by grilling cajun and bratwurst sausages that are home-made at a nearby deli. I normally stay away from high-fat foods, but hey, it's my birthday, so adios fish and chicken, on Sunday it's gonna be all about grilling brats and cajun links, twice-baked potatoes, and some ice-cold India Pale Ale!

Tucson

This is me as Day 50 of my final c/t begins to wind down:  ::)

Congrats on getting to 50 days Tuscon!  I remember around that time i started to notice little improvements here and there, and hopefully you do too :)  I think it's a really good idea to set small goals, and gradually set larger ones when you feel more comfortable to do so.  My goals right now are getting to 6 months, getting to 9 months, and getting to a year.  I plan to enjoy myself to the fullest (without benzos!) when ever i complete those goals.  Keep the progress going :thumbsup:

-Sam

You might want to consider starting up a progress log, here.  Being able to look back on how really sick I was not all that long ago makes me grateful on a daily basis to be as far along as I am, even if that's only something like 40% (if that) healed.  The progress is slow, but it definitely adds up.  You go from counting the days to counting the weeks to counting the months to (someday) counting the years and then you look back at it like some vague and distant memory that barely seems like it happened to you.

Go for it....Birthday Girl !  :laugh:  Sunday is your day...and I don't blame you at all for pigging out on whatever your tummy desires. 

Have a wonderful day ! :balloon:

Sunny girl