Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Still unsure...how much and how often

[rh...]

I am still at 24mg. Valium..at day 22 of my hold. I cannot make the decision to cut .5mg every 7 days or 1mg. every 14 days. I was cutting 1mg. every 7 days until I was slammed. I know I'm repeating myself with this post because I had asked the same question a while ago. I was on 2.5mg. Xanax during the day and 3mg. Klonopin at bedtime for 7 years.

My signature will show you what I have done. At 2 weeks of Valium only (30mg) I started cutting 1mg. every 7 days and was slammed at 24mg. I went WAY too fast. I really have no clue what to do. Some say .5 every 7-14 days and some say 1mg. every 2 weeks. I haven't had a window for a while now. I do apologize for asking this question again, but I have NO idea what to do :oXo:

Is .5mg. every 7 days long enough for your body to adjust? I am still at a high dose and it just seems like taking .5mg. every 7 days shouldn't be too hard on me. I realize it's the same rate (2mg. reduction) each month.

I so much appreciate you all and thank you for your help :smitten:

RG

Hi there Rhapsodygirl,

I moved your post to this area so that you're question may get seen and answered by more.

For me, I found I was able to make the 1mg cuts for awhile, but managed MUCH better by making .5mg cuts later on in the game.  I did .5mg cuts every 5 days...but 7-10 is better for most I believe.  I found it wasn't as much of a hit to my system.

I know how hard it can be to make these decisions.  I was there too, but I was happy I switched to .5mg cuts.

All the best to you,

Schatje

Hi there Rhapsodygirl,

I moved your post to this area so that you're question may get seen and answered by more.

For me, I found I was able to make the 1mg cuts for awhile, but managed MUCH better by making .5mg cuts later on in the game.  I did .5mg cuts every 5 days...but 7-10 is better for most I believe.  I found it wasn't as much of a hit to my system.

I know how hard it can be to make these decisions.  I was there too, but I was happy I switched to .5mg cuts.

All the best to you,

Schatje

Hi Schatje,

Thank you so much for replying and for your support and encouragement :smitten:  It has been such a difficult decision to make since I was doing so much better a month ago. I can hardly function at all now. I realize having chronic active EBV makes it worse, stress triggers the virus to skyrocket and the s/x from EBV are so similar to w/d. There is nothing I can do for the virus, I've had it for over 20 years and the stress of w/d has magnified w/d ALOT.

Sharing your experience helps me tremendously. You are a blessing and I know you are having a difficult time as well. I pray you will heal soon ;).

Love,

RG