Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Still unsure...how much and how often

[rh...]

I am still at 24mg. Valium..at day 22 of my hold. I cannot make the decision to cut .5mg every 7 days or 1mg. every 14 days. I was cutting 1mg. every 7 days until I was slammed. I know I'm repeating myself with this post because I had asked the same question a while ago. I was on 2.5mg. Xanax during the day and 3mg. Klonopin at bedtime for 7 years.

My signature will show you what I have done. At 2 weeks of Valium only (30mg) I started cutting 1mg. every 7 days and was slammed at 24mg. I went WAY too fast. I really have no clue what to do. Some say .5 every 7-14 days and some say 1mg. every 2 weeks. I haven't had a window for a while now. I do apologize for asking this question again, but I have NO idea what to do :oXo:

Is .5mg. every 7 days long enough for your body to adjust? I am still at a high dose and it just seems like taking .5mg. every 7 days shouldn't be too hard on me. I realize it's the same rate (2mg. reduction) each month.

I so much appreciate you all and thank you for your help :smitten:

RG

Hi there Rhapsodygirl,

I moved your post to this area so that you're question may get seen and answered by more.

For me, I found I was able to make the 1mg cuts for awhile, but managed MUCH better by making .5mg cuts later on in the game.  I did .5mg cuts every 5 days...but 7-10 is better for most I believe.  I found it wasn't as much of a hit to my system.

I know how hard it can be to make these decisions.  I was there too, but I was happy I switched to .5mg cuts.

All the best to you,

Schatje

Hi there Rhapsodygirl,

I moved your post to this area so that you're question may get seen and answered by more.

For me, I found I was able to make the 1mg cuts for awhile, but managed MUCH better by making .5mg cuts later on in the game.  I did .5mg cuts every 5 days...but 7-10 is better for most I believe.  I found it wasn't as much of a hit to my system.

I know how hard it can be to make these decisions.  I was there too, but I was happy I switched to .5mg cuts.

All the best to you,

Schatje

Hi Schatje,

Thank you so much for replying and for your support and encouragement :smitten:  It has been such a difficult decision to make since I was doing so much better a month ago. I can hardly function at all now. I realize having chronic active EBV makes it worse, stress triggers the virus to skyrocket and the s/x from EBV are so similar to w/d. There is nothing I can do for the virus, I've had it for over 20 years and the stress of w/d has magnified w/d ALOT.

Sharing your experience helps me tremendously. You are a blessing and I know you are having a difficult time as well. I pray you will heal soon ;).

Love,

RG