Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

New Painful Muscle Spasms! Please help!

[...]

Benzo Buddies:

The slightest amount of real exercise I get, it comes back at me like a brick wall.  I'm getting sick now, again, and started getting SEVERE and PAINFUL muscle spasms in my lower legs and feet. 

Can anyone PLEASE share what might help with this?  I've been on Klonopin for 20 years and my muscles are VERY STIFF now.  It's like nothing helps.  Any stretching or exercising seems to make it worse!  It seems like everything that should help us in withdrawals hurts us.  Please share any helpful advice.  Thank you so much in advance.     

Kian

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear about your pain and know it all too well, myself.  There are two things that help me.  With just regular muscle tightness a heating pad has done wonders (at least in relieving the pain, I'm not sure how much it helps the overall condition but it still has to be better than nothing).

As far as painful muscle spasms go, I have a muscle relaxer I take when it starts getting really out of hand.  I don't see much sign that that helps with the overall muscle tightness, either, but it definitely helps with my most painful spasms.

Also, these muscular symptoms really come and go for me, as they have from the beginning of my tapering process- I hope that they are not a constant for you, either.

Best wishes.

:)

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear about your pain and know it all too well, myself.  There are two things that help me.  With just regular muscle tightness a heating pad has done wonders (at least in relieving the pain, I'm not sure how much it helps the overall condition but it still has to be better than nothing).

As far as painful muscle spasms go, I have a muscle relaxer I take when it starts getting really out of hand.  I don't see much sign that that helps with the overall muscle tightness, either, but it definitely helps with my most painful spasms.

Also, these muscular symptoms really come and go for me, as they have from the beginning of my tapering process- I hope that they are not a constant for you, either.

Best wishes.

:)

Thanks, I will try a heating pad.  It seems like an "involuntary nerve thing" to me.  Way to strange to comprehend.  I wonder if moisture would help?  Hope you feel better, too.  I can't imagine taking a muscle relaxer.  I think that would really make me sick now.

Kian

oh yeah, I can't believe I forgot to say this, but massage therapy can be great, and I know some people have benefitted from acupuncture.  What I do is go to Whole Foods on the weekends where a lady charges 15$/15minutes.  That's very affordable as far as these things go, and one time I practically wept with relief walking out of there.  It's not usually that good, but I'm glad to have her has an option when things get bad.