Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Laying around in bed...SIGH

[2d...]

[2d...]

Hi all...just wanted to check in w/ others and see if this is NORMAL. Feels like my body and brain are on SHUT DOWN. The DP/DR is SO thick and I'm SO listless, exhausted and apathetic, it seems ALL I can do is just LAY HERE. I can't sit up in a chair- it's like my brain won't tell my body to do so. So, I just lay propped up in my bed all day- which is getting SO old. I force myself to walk throughout the day, but that's about ALL I can do.

I think I recall reading in Bliss' book, Benzowise, that she couldn't sit up for a long time and that all she could do was LAY around in bed...so, I hope I'm not the only one experiencing this. It's quite distressing, as I don't want to wind up w/ a bedsore or a DVT or something...but, I can't, for the life of me, force myself to sit up or to do ANYTHING.

I guess I'm most distressed about it b/c I was sitting up and functioning better at 4 months out from my c/t, and since I reinstated and tapered, I'm back to laying here. Some other symptoms got better, like the horrid intense anxiety and panic, but others got worse, like the DP/DR and LAYING around. Sigh...can't win for losing.

Anyone else have this??

HELP! I've fallen and I can't get up!! (HAHA)

Love, ((HUGS)) and healing, lamberfn

When I went to a 5-day detox center at a hospital and they brought me off of Klonopin, I was so weak I could hardly walk and had to brace myself with my hands on the walls once I got home.  Even turning over in bed or pulling the sheet up while laying down wore me out and caused shortness of breath.  I couldn't open a PowerAde bottle and had to have my 78 year old Mom do that for me.  After 6 days, I had no choice but to go back on Klonopin.  I kept going downhill until I went back on it.

What I am doing now is allowing my body to stabilize and then I plan on reducing my Klonopin by 1/8th of a mg. per month (or every 2-3 months) as my body is able to handle it.  But I have been through what you have, where you absolutely can't do anything but lay in bed.  I actually thought I would have a heart attack if I turned over in bed.  I was that weak.

At any rate, I hope you see some windows soon.  Hang in there.  Praying for you ...

fg

Yea, unfortunately I know exactly what you are talking about. I will be 4 months off on 11/4/11 and really, EXTREME fatigue has been my major sx. Thank God I have a dog that I have to walk twice a day or I would never leave the house. It is truly maddening! I have been told this is a common sx and try to look at the bright side that at least I have no problem sleeping. Have actually seen a slight improvement the last couple of weeks, but only a very slight improvement. At least I am going in the right direction. Hang in there, I'm told that this will all be a distant memory some day. Good luck!

I am 7 months off from jumping from .50mg of Clonazepam and I have spent a better part of that time in bed.  My timeline went something like this.

1st 2 weeks off - Bedridden

3 Weeks - 4 1/2 months - Acute stage nightmare.  Forced myself to work but felt like crap 90% of the time.  Spent most of my time not at work in bed.

4 1/2 - 6 months - Decided to take a leave from work and try and get better.  Still had waves about every week or 2 that would last 7-9 days.  Most of that time was spent in bed.

7 months - Starting to finally feel a little better.  Been on a decent run for 2 1/2 weeks minus a touch of the flu.  The staying in bed all day is starting to lift and I am starting to get back into normal routines.  Starting back work on 11/1. 

Hopefully this shows you that staying in bed is not uncommon.  I have never had the urge to stay in be like I have these past 7 months.  It has to be the withdrawal.  It will get better, it just takes a LONG, LONG time.

I used to say that I had to learn how to sit up and stay up all over again.  Each day I would try to sit up a few minutes longer than the last day.  I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.  You are so headed in the right direction!

I actually bought a twin size cotton cushion and placed it on my couch and was parked there for the majority of my first 3 months.  I was too weak to go out and get the mail or bring out the trash cans until my 4th month, even answering the phone seemed like an impossible feat at times.

By the end of month 6 I was actually able to start exercising...so hang in there Lamberfn...it will get better.  Don't beat yourself up, think it is abnormal, or let anyone who doesn't understand this put guilt on you...we are good at doing that all by ourselves :laugh:!

Congratulations on finally being free from the K!

I sat around and laid around a lot during the first 6 months although I also paced because I couldn’t sit still sometimes. I was fatigued but I still had to pace for some reason. Around the 7th month I did get myself to do some physical stuff outside. At month 10 I started exercising and have been progressively doing more and more exercise. The fatigue is gone, and I can deal with the remaining physical s/x. I still have a lot of the mental stuff - dp/dr mostly, but the utter fatigue began passing in the 7th month. You are on your way. You are healing!

For several months there were days where if I did manage to get myself out of bed it was only to walk ten feet to my recliner. Sometimes I would try to get up just to end up right back in bed.

Dear lamberfn,

I just wanted to drop by and tell you how happy I am for you!  Benzo Free!!!  That is truly incredible!

You now have the ability to completely heal.  I know that it must feel simply awful not to be able to do all the things that you are used to doing.  In my experience, the more acceptance I have in any given situation, the easier things get.  When I am swimming upstream, instead of going with the flow, I find that my journey becomes so much more difficult.

I hope that you remind yourself of the magnificence of what you have accomplished by becoming Benzo Free!

Your journey is truly awesome and very inspiring to me!

Many Hugs and Congratulations!

:) Laurie

Hi all. You are fighting the good fight. I have had this off and on throughout the taper. I am ok at the moment, but I don't know how I will feel tomorrow. When I am ok, I do exercise. All I can say is hang in there. I know one thing, I WILL NEVER GO BACK! We are on about the same timeline.

Keep in touch.

Bear