Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

S/X ??

[pa...]

Did anyone experience, when sitting in chair/couch, after a period of time, pain started on the lumbar part of the spine and began radiating outward.  Like nerve pain in neck, thoracic area so many have mentioned.  Appreciate replies.  Ron has had it in neck/thoracic area, but now in this area.  Checked by chiropractor, spine fine.  This is new, very painful and muscles are getting affected.  Let me know if you had this?... Thanks, pattylu

Yes!  My Dr told me it was probably just muscle spasm. Felt like the bone!  Or nerves then of course it does cause muscle stiffness. Glad your hubby checked out okay.

Yes my pain migrates around my back, usually deep in scapulas and deep in lower back where hips join, but two weeks ago for the FIRST TIME in went directly to the middle of my back and spine, painful to the touch right on the spine and surrounding muscles, felt crippled, hard to move esp. getting up and down.  These things feel so bad they could be mistaken for injuries.  That particular pain ended after about 4 days, was very bad for 2 days.  Now it's back in its usual places. I also had more neck/shoulder pain earlier on in taper.

I remember replying to your post about hubby's pain in the butt about 2 weeks ago.  Is his pain also migrating?

Luckily my pain has overall eased up today.  His will too.  

Did anyone experience, when sitting in chair/couch, after a period of time, pain started on the lumbar part of the spine and began radiating outward.  Like nerve pain in neck, thoracic area so many have mentioned.  Appreciate replies.  Ron has had it in neck/thoracic area, but now in this area.  Checked by chiropractor, spine fine.  This is new, very painful and muscles are getting affected.  Let me know if you had this?... Thanks, pattylu

Pattylu I hope your hubby feels better.... I hate to hear that ron is in pain still.... I hope the chiroprator will help yu ron.. You have come a long way... please try the epsom salt baths for the muscle pain.. also try ribose look it up or corvalen for the muscles... It will help you... Please take care..

luv

Mishi

thinking of you both alway's

Pattylu,

I forget, how far out is Ron?  As far as myself, the lower back pain kept me bent over for the first 3 months, subsided, the came back with a vengeance along with thoracic pain and a crawling sensation up and own my back which seems to radiate all along the entire spine in an outward direction...there are also many muscles going into spasms all over my back.  The lower back pain definitely feels nerve related as it is deep and sharp in nature.  I have increased neck pain, which is one that has never truly left, just waxes and wains.  That one started in tolerance w/d while I was still on the benzo, the rest happened post detox.

I hope this information helps you to sort things out a bit...and I hope this eases up soon for him...as it is quite painful!