Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Day 35 c/t from Xanax

[so...]

Could not be more frustrated.  I'll be dealing with a set of wd symptoms for a few days and about the time I get a handle on those a whole new set of problems start.  Today is unrelenting leg/feet pain, dizzy and lightheaded, no appetite and extreme exhaustion that hits around 3pm each day.  The tiredness is almost crippling.  Brain fog and memory is still a problem.

About the time I get excited and think the worst is behind me I get knocked back down. 

Hang in there Dean,

At only 35 days in, the beast is putting up a fight and trying new tricks. Already a month is behind you. In three or four more weeks you should start to see it turning around as the beast gets hungry for benzos and tired from the battle he will lose. The second month was a beach for me too. Right around the time you're at now is when I went to the ER and the next week to my primary physician and then to my surgeon desperate for help. All tests and CT scan came back clean and within a couple of weeks I saw improvement. Not Utopia but tolerable symptoms. At four months I can definitely see that the light at the end of the tunnel isn't the train coming. Stay strong my friend. This will pass. :thumbsup:

Congratulations on getting 35 days under your belt!  I'm afraid none of this is any fun.  Keep hanging in there.  It's a long ride, but the good news is that it's only this bad in the beginning.  Slowly but surely you will start seeing yourself heal.

:)

[fe...]

How much Xanax were you on and for how long? Knowing that will definitely help us be able to relate to where you are.

I was on benzos for 14 years. Hooked big-time. I did a 47-day c/t back in April/May but like an idiot I gave in and reinstated for three months. I'm now on yet another c/t, but this one is my FINAL ONE. I got rid of the pills so I don't have the option of giving in when it gets tough.

I'm a little bit ahead of you -- 48 days -- but I look back two weeks and though it's not major, there HAS been some improvement. I quit going out for a morning walk on my Day 35 because the anxiety, d/p and d/r were really wearing me out and making me feel like I was simply going crazy. The last two weeks have been the roughest so far, I think. However, today I was able to go out and do my first morning walk since I quit, and things just seemed a bit better. Not a major change, but definitely a small improvement.

Hang in there. The change comes, but it comes much too slowly. All we can do is outwait this beast while our brains and CNS recover.

Best wishes -- and please don't give up!

Tucson

Me on Day 48 of my final c/t:  8)

I took .25mg to .50mg off and on for three years.  A little over two months ago doctor told me to switch to 1mg nightly of Xanax xr.  Two weeks into the xr extreme depression hit me hard. When I told her she wanted me to increase to 2mg nightly. That did not sound right to me so I quit out of complete ignorance.  I was never informed as to what this med does to the mind and body much less the dangers of stopping c/t