Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Need help...how much/often Valium cut?

[rh...]

I really need some input regarding my next cut. Today is day 19 since my last cut and I was SLAMMED since I went way too fast. I was cutting 1mg. every 7 days. I am at 24mg. Valium. I am doing a bit better, typical w/d symptoms, but I need to do something! I am making my next cut on Saturday (personal reasons) as to the day.

I was thinking of a .5mg. cut every 7 days, or .5 every 10 days. I know this is not a race, but holding for 2 weeks would mean I wouldn't be off this poison for a VERY long time. I could also go with 1mg. cut every 2 weeks which would be the same pace as .5 every 7 days.

Could someone please help me with this. I really need input.

Thank you so much,

RG

Hi Rhapsody, I hope someone with experience above 20mg valium and with xanax will jump in here. I am sorry this has lasted so long. In the mean time, I wonder if you are still getting hit with some old Klonopine history.

I was on 3mg ativan for a few months and tapered to 0.75mgs before crossing to valium at 7.5mgs. I cut at 0.5mgs/week. At the 4.5mg and 4.0mg/day dose level I got hit with about 12 straight days of wd. .... not the usual 3 days wd/week. I kept to my weekly cuts and symptoms really became mild after about 2mgs/day valium. "Everyone is different", but your cut rate seems conservative so I am suspicious of other factors. 

I crossed from K to V.

I would go with a .5 cut.

I crossed from 2.25mg of Klonopin to 45mg of Valium.

Billy.

Thank you Billy :smitten: Would you recommend every 7,10, 14 day hold between cuts?????

RG

[7d...]

I did a c/o from Xanax to Valium after two years and was on Valium for 12 more years after the crossover. I tapered down to 2.5 mg. twice daily and cold turkeyed from that back in 2000 and 2004 and both times I didn't make it long. I was at 30-40 mg. when I began my taper and I found that making a 1 mg. cut ever 2-3 weeks wasn't very hard to do.

Ultimately, I didn't have the patience to do yet another taper so I jumped off from about 30 mg. back in April for 47 days, reinstated in early June for 3 months, then went c/t again on September 7 and I'm at Day 48 today -- which is my all-time record. I'm starting to come out of the overwhelming haze that hit me at about Day 16 (which I think began as my Valium level dropped).

I hope you are successful in your taper. In retrospect, I wish when I'd gotten down to 2.5 mg. twice daily that I'd cut to 1.25 twice daily and then to 1.25 once a day, and then probably even half of that once a day before I jumped off. But, it's all water under the bridge since I went with a c/t. It's been pretty brutal for the past 7 weeks but nothing lasts forever...

Best wishes,

Tucson

Me on Day 48 of my final c/t:  8)

Hi Rhapsody, I hope someone with experience above 20mg valium and with xanax will jump in here. I am sorry this has lasted so long. In the mean time, I wonder if you are still getting hit with some old Klonopine history.

I was on 3mg ativan for a few months and tapered to 0.75mgs before crossing to valium at 7.5mgs. I cut at 0.5mgs/week. At the 4.5mg and 4.0mg/day dose level I got hit with about 12 straight days of wd. .... not the usual 3 days wd/week. I kept to my weekly cuts and symptoms really became mild after about 2mgs/day valium. "Everyone is different", but your cut rate seems conservative so I am suspicious of other factors. 

I hope I get input....thank you Klondike, I c/o X K to V. I was doing just fine once I got stabilized after K to V. c/o. I don't think it's X, K, because it was in August when I was done with my K to V c/o. I do have Chronic Active Epstein Barr. I have NO idea what to do.

Thank you again :smitten:

RG

I did a c/o from Xanax to Valium after two years and was on Valium for 12 more years after the crossover. I tapered down to 2.5 mg. twice daily and cold turkeyed from that back in 2000 and 2004 and both times I didn't make it long. I was at 30-40 mg. when I began my taper and I found that making a 1 mg. cut ever 2-3 weeks wasn't very hard to do.

Ultimately, I didn't have the patience to do yet another taper so I jumped off from about 30 mg. back in April for 47 days, reinstated in early June for 3 months, then went c/t again on September 7 and I'm at Day 48 today -- which is my all-time record. I'm starting to come out of the overwhelming haze that hit me at about Day 16 (which I think began as my Valium level dropped).

I hope you are successful in your taper. In retrospect, I wish when I'd gotten down to 2.5 mg. twice daily that I'd cut to 1.25 twice daily and then to 1.25 once a day, and then probably even half of that once a day before I jumped off. But, it's all water under the bridge since I went with a c/t. It's been pretty brutal for the past 7 weeks but nothing lasts forever...

Best wishes,

Tucson

Me on Day 48 of my final c/t:  8)

I'm so sorry to hear of your ordeal. You really have had it SO rough and my heart goes out to you. I appreciate your encouragement and input very much. ISSHHH!!!

I still don't know what to do. Why is this SO difficult????

Thank you :smitten:

RG

RG,

I would say 7-14 days.

You hang in there.

Thank you Billy...I am leaning towards .5 cut like you said every 7-14 days since I've been hit so hard by cutting 1mg. Hopefully this will be smoother. I just need to do something. I'm hanging in there, by a thread, but at least I'm somewhat alive. You hang in there too buddy ;)