Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Need help...how much/often Valium cut?

[rh...]

I really need some input regarding my next cut. Today is day 19 since my last cut and I was SLAMMED since I went way too fast. I was cutting 1mg. every 7 days. I am at 24mg. Valium. I am doing a bit better, typical w/d symptoms, but I need to do something! I am making my next cut on Saturday (personal reasons) as to the day.

I was thinking of a .5mg. cut every 7 days, or .5 every 10 days. I know this is not a race, but holding for 2 weeks would mean I wouldn't be off this poison for a VERY long time. I could also go with 1mg. cut every 2 weeks which would be the same pace as .5 every 7 days.

Could someone please help me with this. I really need input.

Thank you so much,

RG

Hi Rhapsody, I hope someone with experience above 20mg valium and with xanax will jump in here. I am sorry this has lasted so long. In the mean time, I wonder if you are still getting hit with some old Klonopine history.

I was on 3mg ativan for a few months and tapered to 0.75mgs before crossing to valium at 7.5mgs. I cut at 0.5mgs/week. At the 4.5mg and 4.0mg/day dose level I got hit with about 12 straight days of wd. .... not the usual 3 days wd/week. I kept to my weekly cuts and symptoms really became mild after about 2mgs/day valium. "Everyone is different", but your cut rate seems conservative so I am suspicious of other factors. 

I crossed from K to V.

I would go with a .5 cut.

I crossed from 2.25mg of Klonopin to 45mg of Valium.

Billy.

Thank you Billy :smitten: Would you recommend every 7,10, 14 day hold between cuts?????

RG

[1c...]

I did a c/o from Xanax to Valium after two years and was on Valium for 12 more years after the crossover. I tapered down to 2.5 mg. twice daily and cold turkeyed from that back in 2000 and 2004 and both times I didn't make it long. I was at 30-40 mg. when I began my taper and I found that making a 1 mg. cut ever 2-3 weeks wasn't very hard to do.

Ultimately, I didn't have the patience to do yet another taper so I jumped off from about 30 mg. back in April for 47 days, reinstated in early June for 3 months, then went c/t again on September 7 and I'm at Day 48 today -- which is my all-time record. I'm starting to come out of the overwhelming haze that hit me at about Day 16 (which I think began as my Valium level dropped).

I hope you are successful in your taper. In retrospect, I wish when I'd gotten down to 2.5 mg. twice daily that I'd cut to 1.25 twice daily and then to 1.25 once a day, and then probably even half of that once a day before I jumped off. But, it's all water under the bridge since I went with a c/t. It's been pretty brutal for the past 7 weeks but nothing lasts forever...

Best wishes,

Tucson

Me on Day 48 of my final c/t:  8)

Hi Rhapsody, I hope someone with experience above 20mg valium and with xanax will jump in here. I am sorry this has lasted so long. In the mean time, I wonder if you are still getting hit with some old Klonopine history.

I was on 3mg ativan for a few months and tapered to 0.75mgs before crossing to valium at 7.5mgs. I cut at 0.5mgs/week. At the 4.5mg and 4.0mg/day dose level I got hit with about 12 straight days of wd. .... not the usual 3 days wd/week. I kept to my weekly cuts and symptoms really became mild after about 2mgs/day valium. "Everyone is different", but your cut rate seems conservative so I am suspicious of other factors. 

I hope I get input....thank you Klondike, I c/o X K to V. I was doing just fine once I got stabilized after K to V. c/o. I don't think it's X, K, because it was in August when I was done with my K to V c/o. I do have Chronic Active Epstein Barr. I have NO idea what to do.

Thank you again :smitten:

RG

I did a c/o from Xanax to Valium after two years and was on Valium for 12 more years after the crossover. I tapered down to 2.5 mg. twice daily and cold turkeyed from that back in 2000 and 2004 and both times I didn't make it long. I was at 30-40 mg. when I began my taper and I found that making a 1 mg. cut ever 2-3 weeks wasn't very hard to do.

Ultimately, I didn't have the patience to do yet another taper so I jumped off from about 30 mg. back in April for 47 days, reinstated in early June for 3 months, then went c/t again on September 7 and I'm at Day 48 today -- which is my all-time record. I'm starting to come out of the overwhelming haze that hit me at about Day 16 (which I think began as my Valium level dropped).

I hope you are successful in your taper. In retrospect, I wish when I'd gotten down to 2.5 mg. twice daily that I'd cut to 1.25 twice daily and then to 1.25 once a day, and then probably even half of that once a day before I jumped off. But, it's all water under the bridge since I went with a c/t. It's been pretty brutal for the past 7 weeks but nothing lasts forever...

Best wishes,

Tucson

Me on Day 48 of my final c/t:  8)

I'm so sorry to hear of your ordeal. You really have had it SO rough and my heart goes out to you. I appreciate your encouragement and input very much. ISSHHH!!!

I still don't know what to do. Why is this SO difficult????

Thank you :smitten:

RG

RG,

I would say 7-14 days.

You hang in there.

Thank you Billy...I am leaning towards .5 cut like you said every 7-14 days since I've been hit so hard by cutting 1mg. Hopefully this will be smoother. I just need to do something. I'm hanging in there, by a thread, but at least I'm somewhat alive. You hang in there too buddy ;)