Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

just wanted to know if you think i should hold or wait confused

[mi...]

bb i am leaving on the 15 of nov on a plane... I am at 13 mg of v right now have to cut again in a few days... I am not sure about holding.... this posen I want to get rid of already.....

w/d vary from day to day...... will holding make a difference at this point in your opinion or just keep going....

thank yu so much for you support

luv

mishi

Hi Mishi,

I was always told to take it easy with my taper during stressful times.  So if you feel very worried about the flight, it may be best to hold your dose.  What day should you be making a cut to your dose?  If it's one day this week, I would think you'd be okay to do that...it gives you approx. 2 weeks to stay at that dose which seems safe to me.  I made weekly cuts, so a 2 week old seems very reasonable.

I hope I haven't confused you much...at the end of the day, if it's going to create less stress to hold your dose until you fly, then do that.  Adding another week or two to your taper doesn't change things much.  I had to sometimes hold for extra days, and although at the time I was disappointed, it really didn't change my "plan" much. 

All the best to you, Mishi.  Thinking of you!

Schatje

Hi Mishi,

If you think you can do a cut now and be fairly stable by the time you fly, then do it.  However, in my opinion, with the stress that you are feeling about this flight and the move, it might be a good idea to hold until you settle down where you are going.  You will also want to give yourself a little time to feel comfortable with Donna and your new surroundings. 

Will you have internet connections to be able to connect to the forum when you get there, or will you be on your own for awhile?  This might make a difference in your dosing also.  Let us know what you decide.

Luv,

Poplady

Hi Mishi,

I was always told to take it easy with my taper during stressful times.  So if you feel very worried about the flight, it may be best to hold your dose.  What day should you be making a cut to your dose?  If it's one day this week, I would think you'd be okay to do that...it gives you approx. 2 weeks to stay at that dose which seems safe to me.  I made weekly cuts, so a 2 week old seems very reasonable.

I hope I haven't confused you much...at the end of the day, if it's going to create less stress to hold your dose until you fly, then do that.  Adding another week or two to your taper doesn't change things much.  I had to sometimes hold for extra days, and although at the time I was disappointed, it really didn't change my "plan" much. 

All the best to you, Mishi.  Thinking of you!

Schatje

Schatje how are you feeling? thank you so much for you help.  I am cutting once a week right now... Sometimes I feel like it will not make a difference because of the w/d I will have to weigh it out.. I usually make a cut on a thursday and I am leaving on a tuesday... Schajte I hope you are doing well in your recovery now... Hoping that you are not suffering...

You did not confuse me just help me... Let me know how you are... Hoping you and your family only good things in life

all the best to you too

Luv

Mishi

Hi Mishi,

If you think you can do a cut now and be fairly stable by the time you fly, then do it.  However, in my opinion, with the stress that you are feeling about this flight and the move, it might be a good idea to hold until you settle down where you are going.  You will also want to give yourself a little time to feel comfortable with Donna and your new surroundings. 

Will you have internet connections to be able to connect to the forum when you get there, or will you be on your own for awhile?  This might make a difference in your dosing also.  Let us know what you decide.

Luv,

Poplady

Poplady you are alway's here for me... thank you so much...Yes I will have my lap top with me at all times...Hoping I can use it on the flight also..

I did cut just today and will continue.... with your strength and courage I thank you again.. Hoping you have a wonderful night and have fun on halloween.

Please be well and talk with you soon.

luv

mishi

Hi Mishi,

I don't post much, but have been following your story. You are a brave soul. Hope your trip and move goes well for you. Thanks for sharing.

Take care,

Kittie

Hi Mishi,

I don't post much, but have been following your story. You are a brave soul. Hope your trip and move goes well for you. Thanks for sharing.

Take care,

Kittie

Kittie thank yu sweetie.. I appreciate yu coming here to talk with me... Hope you are well....thank you so much on giving me luck... I will let you know what is happening. you take good care of yourself and hope yu are recovering

luv

mishi