Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

any one ever feel just not quite all there

[Ru...]

i am just wondering if any one ever feel just mildly out of it most of the time while tapering. I just almost never feel quite connected to reality or with it or sharp i know this is dp an dr  but just dont know why i nhave had it so long. I also always feel confused and never totally right in my own skin and i am just getting concerned as to how long this has gone on. I zalso never feel right emotioonallly and seems the  longeer i hold the worse i get. Do i just keepp slowly cutting. Will these feelings ever go away?

most of the tikme i find too that i cant quite smell see or hear normally which makes me feel more out of it. Anyone noticed all their sences are off?

Hi Ruby,

My experience with Ativan (can't speak for the other benzos) is that it really affects our senses. I just recently got my sense of smell back now that I've lowered my dose significantly - it has taken well over a year before I could smell anything. My auditory nerves have been greatly affected. The thing I notice about my vision is that I often get floaters. Although while in protracted w/d from tapering too fast, I had some experiences of blurriness for brief periods of time. 

amb

[67...]

Today I went for walk in the morning. It was the first walk I've taken since about Day 35, when I quit because I was having such problems with d/r and anxiety that a walk just made me feel worse. I was surprised at how things have changed in about two weeks. I'm on Day 48 of a c/t now and I am still having some d/r, d/p and anxiety, but not at the level I was two weeks ago.

Things got bad for me at about 16 days out, which when I guess a large amount of Valium had left my system. From then and lasting about 30 days, it was just horrible. Then, right at about Day 46, I started to feel just slightly better. Not enough to be even close to fully functional, but I felt that something WAS going on in regards to healing.

I hear from some people that the second month was the worst of it for them, and I'd have to agree. As I near the two-months-done mark (November 7th), I do feel some improvement since the one-month mark.

This all takes time. Time, time, time. And strength to keep on at it. I refuse to go back to a life controlled by pills, so whether I am functioning well at, say, four months or at six months, or even nine months, I'm committed to doing what I do to put the benzo chapter of my life behind me!

Hang in there!

Tucson

Me on Day 48 of my final c/t:  8)