Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Returning to work?...

[sc...]

Hey all,

I just wanted to ask about people's experience with returning to work.  I have been off K, after long-term use and a long titration, for about three months.  I tried to return to work after summer break (I was about 1 month out at the time) only to completely come apart.  For the past two months I have been out of work and I only have one more month where I'm guaranteed my job back.  I guess I don't know for sure what would happen if I tried to go back now but based on my emotional reactions to other things in my life, I don't think it would be good.

I guess my question is whether anyone has returned to work before they really felt ready? 

Again, I have another month off if I need it but I have no idea if that is going to make a difference as far as my ability to handle work, and the longer I'm out the more stressful the return is going to be.

Anyone have any similar experiences, good or bad.  I could REALLY use some feedback.

Thanks, Scott 

Hello scotth,

I worked throughout my withdrawal except for 3 weeks during an extremely rough stage.  I found that returning to work helped me because it was a distraction and it helped to ease my distress about finances. 

I am sure a lot of people have returned to work when they haven't felt good.  Pamster returned after 3 weeks from a cold turkey off of 6 to 10 mgs of Klonopin.  However, some people may not have jobs that provide positive distraction, but rather just elevate their stress levels.

As far as your situation goes, it will come down to you deciding which would be more stressful.. returning to work or losing your job.  Sometimes the first day back at work is stressful because you are more tense than usual and probably expect failure, but if you stick it out for a couple of days you might be surprised. Have faith in yourself.

Crono

Thanks Crono,

Work definately provided some positive structure and distraction through my titration, which was no picnic.  Thanks for the thoughts.

Scott.