Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

is this withdrawal?

[de...]

i was just in the mall and a few of the stores had very strong smells.  abercrombie and fitch smelled like strong a&f cologne.  i think they spray it purposely.  although it smells great, as soon as i walked in the store my throat felt tight like i would have asthma.  another store had a new carpet odor...same thing happened.  is this common?  it's like chemical sensitivity.

Hiya desilou :)

Looks like we're right around the same c/t or jump date. I often have problems with extreme sensitivity to lights, and odors.  I find that half the time it's hard to smell anything, and rest of the time anything (especially chemicals) that i smell are overwhelming. I was shopping at target the other day, and i started walking down the detergent isle with all sorts of cleaning products, and products with fragrance. I felt like i almost had something compared to an asthma attack as it became hard to breathe and i felt dizzy!  Hopefully this chemical sensitivity levels out soon for both of us.

Sam

yeah, i've never had asthma.  was a runner for years.  since being on ativan i developed asthma like symptoms.  had a pulmonary function test, and got a maybe, maybe not result.  i'm hoping it's just w/s and i'll be able to run again someday soon. 

As far as running, and exercise goes, I've found that a nitric oxide supplement has given me the energy to do workouts, and also helps with the loss of breath. It also helps with my energy levels in every day activities. I've been doing 2 hours workouts every other day using this supplement since day one of withdrawal, and so far so good.

a&f makes me wanna choke up every time I go in there. Yes they do spray it EVERYWHERE!

You could possibly be a little extra sensitive to smell... but EVERYONE in my opinion should be sensitive to smell in that store. lol. It's just TOO MUCH.

And I love their cologne too. lol.

As far as running, and exercise goes, I've found that a nitric oxide supplement has given me the energy to do workouts, and also helps with the loss of breath. It also helps with my energy levels in every day activities. I've been doing 2 hours workouts every other day using this supplement since day one of withdrawal, and so far so good.

i'm glad that works for you.  i'm too much of a wimp right now to try supplements.  especially something for energy.  just don't want anything making my symptoms worse.  i'm sticking to daily walks for now.  

how are you doing at four and a half months off?

a&f makes me wanna choke up every time I go in there. Yes they do spray it EVERYWHERE!

You could possibly be a little extra sensitive to smell... but EVERYONE in my opinion should be sensitive to smell in that store. lol. It's just TOO MUCH.

And I love their cologne too. lol.

i think they have an automatic sprayer, like in a public bathroom.  :laugh:

Hey again

I'm starting to feel better.  Windows here and there.  Still have a long ways to go BUT i have made noticeable progress.  Besides the chemical sensitivity, how are your other symptoms?

Sam

i'm in a wave right now, but i've been worse.  nerve stuff that's hard to describe.  i kind of feel like i've just been gonged  :D  i'm praying that month five is better than 3 and 4.  mornings and evenings are hardest. 

i'm glad you're having windows.  i get windows too, so i can't complain.  :)

I have had all kinds of weird wd symptoms that were related to scent. Scents that linked back to good memories, a "bionic" sense of smell that picked up on only certain scents, hypersensitivity to good scents with a decreased ability to detect bad scents.......pretty crazy stuff.

I thought it was just me. I've had the most noxious smells enter my nose only to find that during windows, these smells are actually pleasant aromas from things my wife puts out around the house. Then the wave hits and these aromas take on a foul acidic metallic odor.