Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Just need support

[pa...]

Okay guys - I'm 3 weeks post benzos. I'm looking around and very happy that I have jumped.  But I'm also a little shell-shocked. I find myself constantly tryign to evaluate how I feel  - and I don't think I'm doing too badly - but I'm just confused by the constant ebb and flow of different changes happening in my body. I guess since I was only on .5 of Klonopin (I know - it's potent) - that I would somehow technically heal sooner than later.  I am just beginning to accept that this could go on and on - and yet, I also almost cannot accept that either.  Most of the time, I guess I feel "okay" - but I do not feel 100% like myself - and that bothers me. I notice that in the morning, times are roughest somehow.  And as the day wears on, I feel better in the afternoon - only to have early evenings feel shaky.  Something about the intensity of lighting in in the early evenings maybe feels dream-like or overly intense. I remember way back when, that this is when I used to start to feel like winding down, whereas now, I feel like evenings begin to ramp me up. 

I wonder - is there any rhyme or reason to the amount of benzos we've been on and the time it takes to heal?  It doesn't seem like it -but I thought that maybe since I was only on .5, it wouldnt' take me a whole year or whatever.  I'm a little discouraged. 

I would love to find a counselor in my area (Orlando) - someone who understands benzo w/d who I could just meet and talk with who would be a reminder that I'm normal and that this will pass.    :-\

Worry, obsessing, anxiety, not feeling "quite ok", bad mornings, etc are all common to benzo wd but it doesn't sound like you are getting hit hard. If you do there won't be any questioning- you will know.

.5 is not a huge dose of clonazepam but it's nothing to sneeze at. No way to know how it is ultimately going to affect you until you are a few months off. If you don't get hit with acute wd within that 2-3 month post benzo window you probably dodged the bullet.

As far as a finding a counselor goes, I personally didn't seek one out but from what other people have said it might be hard to find someone who understands this. The majority of doctors don't even know what this is all about. Some deny that wd can persist beyond a few weeks. This board is the next best thing. Got me through months of misery.