Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

new to the benzo world (and the internet chat rooms) in need of advise

[do...]

Hello everyone,

I have had epilepsy since I was about 10. Had brain surgery when I was 17. Have been dealing with panic attack like seizures for about 15 years and was also dealing with rem disorder. So I was just put on clonazepam .5 mg a day. I took it for a week until it stopped working and then I went up to 1 mg a day. That also lasted about a week so I went up to 1.5 mg for about another week and a half. in total a one month supply. Then when I went to refill my script the pharmacy wouldn't fill it until Thursday and it was Monday. I took 1 mg on Sunday and .5 mg on Monday. I started noticing withdrawal on Monday but Tuesday was real bad. I didn't know a thing about benzo withdrawal until then and now I'm just trying to figure out how to cope. I was just wandering what I should expect. I've been waking up in the early am and not being able to go back to sleep, vivid dreams, and some derealization so far.

Hi docgetz, welcome to BenzoBuddies

I'm sorry about your health history and the rough time you're having with Clonazepam, hopefully this will get resolved soon. What you describe is common withdrawal symptoms but you should stay on your prescribed dose rather than taking more or less as this drug can be tricky. Can you call your doctor or his nurse for assistance? It's not a good idea to just stop this drug suddenly, especially if you have a seizure disorder. I'm sorry you're in this predicament, let us know how we can help.

Star  

Well I saw the doc this week and she said I should be fine in about a week, and i wanted to know from people who actually have experienced this.

We all react differently to this drug so it's hard to tell what you may feel. Does your doctor know how you were taking these and that you're out of pills now?

Yeah I told her everything and she said that because I went from 1.5 to 1 to .5 to 0 that I should be ok. Also if I had problems to call her after a week or two.