Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

can change of your environment set you back in a really bad way

[mi...]

Hi bb, I am wandering if anyone knows that when you have to leave your environment in w/d will it hurt us in our recovery.. In my case right now I am still weaning off the poisen....

will this set me back where the w/d will be much worse than they are now especially a new place with a new person.... right now just the doing and planning is making things worse....

It will be better in the long run but for now i needed to know if anyone else had to go thru this and how you felt.... thank you so much hope you have a good night... be well

luv

Mishi

When I went on vacation I felt much better. Even when I went to Six Flags I forgot about all of my side effects except the fatigue. So I think a change in the environment can help. Unfortunately it's hard to get away a lot when you have a job.

What helped me the most was getting back to work. how i got over my agora phobia was by forcing myself into a shopping center and trying to keep calm (I would not advice it I did because I did not know what else to do) now I go to the shopping center watch a movie go back home one thing though the interior of the cinema calmed me down alot.

I had a couple of short trips while in throes of withdrawal and actually felt better.

hi yram how are you... i am glad that you felt better and are healed now... hoping your life is wonderful now all the best

luv

mishi

Hi bb, I am wandering if anyone knows that when you have to leave your environment in w/d will it hurt us in our recovery.. In my case right now I am still weaning off the poisen....

will this set me back where the w/d will be much worse than they are now especially a new place with a new person.... right now just the doing and planning is making things worse....

It will be better in the long run but for now i needed to know if anyone else had to go thru this and how you felt.... thank you so much hope you have a good night... be well

luv

Mishi

I am really sorry i did not phrase this right.. I am leaving because I have to go not because I want to go.... I have had alot of trauma last year came home and now have to leave again... I am afraid I will go into a shock when I leave.. I am not well now and still in very much w/d now.... I phrased the whole thing wrong...I am afraid to go to the store sometimes and look at people... can this whole trip set me back into a really bad way this is what i mean i freeze sometimes when i have to leave the house... thank you so much for you support

luv

mishi

When I went on vacation I felt much better. Even when I went to Six Flags I forgot about all of my side effects except the fatigue. So I think a change in the environment can help. Unfortunately it's hard to get away a lot when you have a job.

hello thank you for your reply.... i am happy that you are feeling better and that you had fun... hoping you are in a good place now an all the best to you....

luv

mishi

What helped me the most was getting back to work. how i got over my agora phobia was by forcing myself into a shopping center and trying to keep calm (I would not advice it I did because I did not know what else to do) now I go to the shopping center watch a movie go back home one thing though the interior of the cinema calmed me down alot.

how are you today? I am happy that you were able to get back to work.... especailly that you got rid of our agrophobia....... forcing yourself must have been hard for you.. you are able to do regular life activities again.. and that is really wonderful... hoping now that this nightmare is over for you and i wish yu so much luck in life thank you so much

luv

mishi

luv

Mishi

I am also afraid to get on a plane.... I am leaving my comfort zone and I am so sick again bb this is what i meant this is far from a vacation for me... I just have to go becuase the environment for me now is not good even though home is where i should be now....... any advise is appreciated now... this was and is my home for now

Hi Mishi  I realise this will not be a vacation for you and this trip is not out of choice.

Frankly, you may well find your symptoms revved up slightly in the planning of the trip, the flight and settling into your new environment - I am speaking from experience and this has recently happened to me.  However, if they do, don't panic ... it is perfectly normal and you will not have gone backwards, it is a temporary blip on your already sensitized nerves.  Try and accept they are just feelings and they will not hurt you.  Once you settle down in your new temporary home, can relax and are cared for, you will most likely be more comfortable in your taper as you will not be living on edge.  And soon you will be benzo free and you will really be able to heal properly and be mentally stronger.

The flight should be fine .. you will be so distracted you probably won't have time to worry about your symptoms.  

Make sure your new place has the internet so you can keep in touch with us!

When are you off and where are you going exactly??

Love ya

Angel xx

Hey Mishi,

Whatever your circumstances, if you are certain that where you are right now is not good for you and that in the long term it'll be better for you, this is what you have to focus on.

As for the plane, I'm sorry you suffer from that fear. I don't like it either but do it quite often and getting better. I find the anticipation is worse and sometimes relax up there as I've wound myself to the extent that I am relieved to be getting on with it. Many fears are irrational, and this is one of mine. It's hard to control, I know. But, nothing will happen to you on the plane. Nothing. Whatsoever.

Hugs,

Gaz

Dear Mishi,

I think the biggest stress factor is getting packed and on that plane. Before I had any benzos in my life packing was soooooooooooo stressful I would start weeks ahead of time and getting on the plane took alot out of me.  That being said, when I got to my destination; I was so happy being there it was all worth it.

I know that this is a different situation for you.  But you must believe that it will be better for you there than at home or your really wouldn't be putting yourself through this.  No one puts them self in this kind of a situation because they think it feels good.  You must know deep down that it is the right thing.

You sound like you will have a good caregiver and with her help you will be able to take care of just yourself and find your way to you complete recovery.  Please let us know when you will be leaving and if you will be able to keep in touch with us.

Bon voyage,  (have a good trip    :thumbsup:  )

Popcornlady