Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

dry cutting with a scale?

[al...]

Anyone successfully doing this? Is it easier/more convienent than titrating? How would I do that with .5 mg klonopins? Would I need any more pills than I would titrating? Thanks!

This is how I took my lower doses of klonopin.

When I was on 0.625/day, I'd take one and a quarter pills, dissolve them in 2 cups of water, shake, and drink one cup per dose. On my next cut I dissolved 0.5 in 2 cups and drink one cup per dose. Next cut took me to 0.375 by dissolving 3/4 of a pill, etc., etc., etc.

I am dry cutting with a scale. I am going pretty slow. I got my scale from amazon. It is working so far for me. The scale goes down to .001. My pill weighs .177 and I deduct from there. I am cutting less than ten percent but cut once a week. My cuts are pretty accurate.

You actually would need less pills because you can use the small pieces that come off when you get close to the end. If you go this route I would practice on aspirin or something that is close so you can make sure you want to do it without cutting your pills.

Hope this helps.

Pam

So, how would I do this with a .5mg klonopin?  And would I use a whole pill the entire time?  I'm sorry for all the questions, obviously my brain is not functioning correctly.  And how much does a scale cost?  What type of scale do I get? 

So, how would I do this with a .5mg klonopin?  And would I use a whole pill the entire time?  I'm sorry for all the questions, obviously my brain is not functioning correctly.  And how much does a scale cost?  What type of scale do I get?  

I got a gemini scale off of amazon.....Make sure it is the scale that weighs .001 and not .01

It was about $30.00 u.s.

For example my pill weighs .177 so when I went to make a cut I nicked the pill till it weighed .167 that made it about .475 my total dose.....

When you get lower on the pill you can save whatever you are cutting....Say you get to .25 then you roughly still have half the pill left.....

I know it's confusing....It took awhile before I got the hang of it......I just wrote down all the weights and converted the percentages.....It will

take me about 8-10 weeks to go down .25.......If I hit a wall then I just keep the cuts the same.....

I don't know if we are allowed to say other websites but the antidepressant website that is pretty popular has a conversion chart for cutting the

pills....That is where I got mine....

Keep asking questions if you need to......

Real Deal,

This is so helpful. Im about to start a taper next week and Im gonna start tapering at .0625 and see how it goes. But I was wondering what I would do if thats to much.

Great info! Thanks :thumbsup: