Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

criminal irritability in muscles

[Ho...]

dear friends,

every single movement is hell.  every single movement that i make is full of irritability, hostility and can change to painful physical depression.  It is so hard to move and when I do the irritability increases to criminal levels and feels so awful.  Is anyone like this?  Is this common for withdrawal? 

I can sit but just sitting and the miserable thinking and feeling of this all is so painful.  I got up to wash dishes and the irritability in my hands and just walking made me so hostile and I don't want to be in my body.  I want to be released from this all.

The cycling of horrific moods and feelings makes me crazy and I just don't know how to make it through this day and trying to believe that this is all going to end. 

I just can't stand hearing anybody talk again and yet I am so very lonely and just heartbroken that I cannot enjoy family today.

I went to get the mail for my mom-in-law and I saw a personal letter and had to cover it and not look for fear that it would upset me that a relative could write and be so happy about it.  That is so crazy to be this way and I don't know what to do about it anymore.  I am avoiding everyone again and I am so lonely I could really die from it. 

I really wonder if I should give up on getting better and if I am just not going to know what normal is anymore.  Please write back and I know my friends have already written to me from yesterday but please write back if anyone can relate to what I am writing and going through.  Hope4us

Hi Hope4us

I can relate to your symptoms inasmuch as I suffered from a bout of clinical depression 8 years ago (there was a trigger)  And I felt exactly as you do depression-wise.  It was a terrible period in my life.  I have not had the muscle irritability though.  I see from your signature you have tapered off anti-depressants in the past but the only thing that helped me then was an A/D.  It was like a miracle and I felt a different person.  If I were in such a depressed state, be it from benzos or otherwise, I would definitely reconsider starting a course - they may take a few weeks to kick in and perhaps your anxiety may be revved up in the beginning but I think they would help in the long run. What does your doctor suggest?

Angel