Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

sparkles' story

[sp...]

Hi,

I took 6-10 mg of clonazepam daily with 5-30mg of valium depending on the day for approximately 4 years with 9 months off during pregnancy.  Weirdly when I quit cold turkey when pregnant I had no issues, but have recently quit cold turkey again (bout 10 weeks ago) with MAJOR MAJOR withdrawal symptoms. 

I have had so many issues with quitting this, I feel like my life and personality has been stolen.  I used to be supermum, now I can barely do the dishes in a day.  I feel like it was a year ago that I quit but it wasn't.  The days seem to go so slowly its rediculous but on the other hand, I'm running out of time to do the things I need to do in a day.  I feel like my brain isn't connected to my body right. I've put on 12kgs in a short amount of time.  I feel like I don't even know this body I am inhabiting. I have experienced good days, I know I am getting better but some days just aren't good and I need support.

Nobody really understands, thats why I want to join benzobuddies. It just sounds weird to my husband. I suppose it sounds weird to anyone really other than those that have experienced it.

Coralie :)

Hi Sparkles!

Welcome to Benzo Buddies. I'm running out the door and don't have time for a proper reply, but I just wanted to get you approved and moved to introductions. Others will be by soon.

eljay

Welcome Sparkle,

I can relate with what you said about going off the first time with no problem and then after that major w/d symptoms! I read it is called "kindling" (going off and on benzo more than once) and each time you go off the more difficult it is. I did it three times and just went through hell. I was so glad when I found BB and I read some very good books about benzo recovery (Benzo-Wise - I believe the author withdrew from the same drug you are on). Although it is the most difficult thing I have ever done, I am thankful to know there is support and a solution. I think you will find that here as well. Good luck Sparkle.

amb

Hi sparkles,

Welcome to BB's.  Here you will find people who understand what you are going through.  They will be able to help you with questions and symptoms.  We have a very good support group.  You might want to checkout the rest of the forum and get acquainted with it.

Popcornlady

Sparkles,

I am amazed that you were able to go through what you did c/t.  Hopefully you are improving now.  I have to hand it to you.  Wishing you well ...

Wow, sparkles, your story is close to mine, cold turkey off of a large dose of Clonazepam.  I can relate to everything you've described, so I wanted to let you know this will pass, but it will likely take some time.  I'm glad you've joined, we can help you understand what's happening to you and let you know all of this horrible stuff will go away.

Pam