Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

15 Months 4 days off

[dh...]

Hello All

I haven't been here much lately, but I thought I'd check in and let you know for me what 15 months and change feels like.

As unbeleivable as it may sound, and I'm asking this more as a question when I report it, I have a low level anxiety and low level depression still present

For others that have experienced a full recovery can this still be WD from Klonopin at this time.

For the most part, I feel at about 80% currently

I dont think I`m in DR anymore, but sometimes things still make me a little anxious when I visual circumstances or scenarios in my head, for whatever reason it`s like I am PTSD about somethings still in light of how terrible certain things were will in WD

I got ver mild tingles in my left leg, mild numbess primarily when I lay doen to go to bed at night, I don`t know why it seems to bother me more when I lay flat or still but that where its at. The heart palps are minor now and again seem to only come when I lay down on my stomach and chest, take it for what its worth. I have begun to experinece much deeper sleep and the dreams have subsided in intensity, however I still have more dreams than I ever did before the Klonopin. Depending on the nature of the dream, or if it is disturbing and along the lines of reliving things in my life through them I can wake up feeling anxious, however once I get up this passes relatively quickly, almost liek its associated with elevated cortisol going back into balance.

BUT, the biggest issue I have like I said is this low level anxiety that just makes you feels uncomfortable or frustrated cause you feel your still in this jail within yourbody, this also I beleive is what is driving the low level depression.

So thats the update, I hope it helps, but I hope that for some that are reading this and have passed this way before that they can give me any reassurance as to whether this is still WD and if it will eventually pass? Again I'm 15 months off and wonder if I'm still in the reasonable WD window as suggested?

Hey dhjk1972,

You probably already know this, but Ashton puts the average recovery time as 6-18 months. I interpret that like an SAT percentile. So 25% of people heal faster, but 25% of people also heal slower than 18 months.

Either way you're still in that timeframe so there's still a sizeable chance that you'll heal right up in the next 3 months. Don't give up hope!

-P-

I have to tell you if I take Celebrex, which is an NSAID, on a regular basis, I develop low level anxiety and sleep problems. I think the benzos made my GABAs supersensitive, and NSAIDs can affect GABAs. I say this because I think it's good to do an inventory of what one is ingesting and see if there may be some factor in addition to benzo withdrawal. Best of luck!

I have to tell you if I take Celebrex, which is an NSAID, on a regular basis, I develop low level anxiety and sleep problems. I think the benzos made my GABAs supersensitive, and NSAIDs can affect GABAs. I say this because I think it's good to do an inventory of what one is ingesting and see if there may be some factor in addition to benzo withdrawal. Best of luck!

Well, I'm not taking any other medication, and I'm ingesting or eating no differently than before.............