Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

The worst wave yet!

[WT...]

Holy crap, this is not even real -- almost every emotion I experienced when I came of benzos has blasted me tonight.  Flashbacks, hopelessness, anger, fear, etc... 10 weeks out,and I thought some progress was being made.

10 weeks out isn't that far WTBNA.  I do know that early on in recovery when a new wave hits it often feels like it is the worst because it is so fresh and current. It is during new/current waves that we should remind ourselves that we made it through before.  No matter how intense they get they are not physically hurting us.  They can feel so horrible that it makes us think that we are being damaged when really a wave is a sign of repair.

Your flashbacks and feelings are hopelessness are normal feelings for people suffering from panic attacks or going through an intense wave.  I was overwhelmed with those very emotions one day as recently as August, but it did pass.  It was what I call a "mental anxiety attack".  This was after I thought I made a lot of progress in July.

How are you feeling right now? Have those feelings subsided at all? Please remember to reach out for help in the form of family, friends, or medical professionals if you feel too overwhelmed.  Sometimes that kind of support and reassurance can get us over the hump so to speak.

Crono

Hi, Crono.

Thanks for the encouragement, and when one is in the wave, it's so hard to realize that it's repair.  Not doubting you in any negative way, but is it a fact repair is being made in the waves?  I'm feeling a bit better now, but still in a wave some. 

[84...]

Hang in there, the wave will pass.

I'm at Day 42 of a c/t and it's been non-stop demons since about Day 16. I just keep pushing onward, hoping that someday I will be better. I'm just worried that someday may never come...

Tucson

Me on Day 42 of a c/t: :o

I had a HORRIBLE wave around that point - it left me feeling absolutely discourage.  It's as though every s/x I had during my taper came back to haunt me.  The mental and physical s/x were horrible...BUT I did come out of it.  I wouldn't say I'm into great big windows, but it is MUCH more bearable and I'm smiling more again...even laughing.  :laugh:  I had all the same fears and was 100% convinced at one point that I was never going to feel much better, but it really did turn around.  I am now at the 3 month mark and I do see improvement.  Still a ways to go, but it's nice to see a glimpse of what the future holds. 

Keep holding on...you'll turn a corner soon I'm sure!

Schatje